Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Hill Farmstead Arthur

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Hill Farmstead Arthur

Post by JeffPorter »

No, not bragging a friend texted me at 8:15 to say the HF stuff was up, but, yeah I got a couple bottles.

For those who haven’t tried it in the last, it’s very typical of a tart funky Saison. You’d swear there was oak in there somewhere. Very winey but also dry and crisp. Short finish. Not like the mouth puckering finish of some of those cascade beers. It’s quite balanced and nice. Very drinkable fornhow funky and tart it is. Could be a little more effervescent.

What I really came on to say is that it doesn’t hold (IMHO) hold a candle to things like Bellwoods Farmageddon and while I still haven’t tried half-hours, I’m sure they’re just as good, if not as better in some ways.

Happy to have tried it, but a total one and done for me.

So if you missed out, seriously - I know it sucked, but there’s stuff that we make here that’s just as good if not better.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Great post Jeff.

The brews farthest from our reach aren't always better than those we can track down with relative ease.

I love this forum for pointing out great local-available stuff.
In Beerum Veritas