Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Trafalgar Abbey Belgian Spice Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Mississauga Matt

Post by Mississauga Matt »

I live somewhat near the Trafalgar Brewing Company in Oakville (they're just around the corner from the Black Oak Brewing Company), and I make it a habit to stop by and pick up a bottle of two of their Downrigger Bock.

This year I saw for the first time their Abbey Belgian Spice Ale, and picked out a few bottles.

I have become a big fan of this beer, in spite of its clumsy name. It has a very fresh orange-spice aroma and taste, and I highly recommend it.

It's on tap right now at C'est What. I think they refer to it a Trafalgar Belgian Ale, but it's the same stuff.

Definitely yummy.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Ah, the Trafalgar Abbey Belgian. I do have fond memories of this one. When I first started frequenting C'est What around 95-96 (it's heyday for beer as far as I'm concerned), this was a regular on tap. It was one of the first beers I had on tap that was markedly different from what I was used to at the time. Alas, the Abbey Belgian is not what it used to be, but I still do enjoy a pint now and then.