Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Florisgaarden Passion

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

eller

Post by eller »

They say you can't judge a book by its cover, but in the gase of Florisgaarden Passion beer it would be a safe bet to throw that silly cliche out the window. Passion's label looks remarkably similar to an early 1920's food label, detailed, very beautiful and most of all, it invites you into the refreshing paradise within the bottle.

Pop the cap, and pour yourself a glass of the pale brew. Close your eyes, sip and be delightfully surprised when you learn that Florisgaarden Passion tastes exactly like its label says.

I had never seen this beer before, nor had I ever read anything about it so I was a touch apprehensive in buying more than one bottle, in case it was a disappointment. Now, I'm only disappointed in myself for not buying more.

Rubaiyat

Post by Rubaiyat »

"eller" ... i am glad you liked the beer. there is SOME more available in far far away places ... the LCBO likes to do that ... but we can help you locate some if you'd like ... we have the means !!

did you try the Ninkeberry ? it's a tad less "sour", with mango, peach and apricot being the main fruits ... yummy !

we have SOME of the floris beers coming in on consignment soon ... fairly soon ... well, some time soon ...

cheers, paul

Rubaiyat

Post by Rubaiyat »

UPDATE UPDATE -- We have just received notice that the LCBO has selected both the Floris Passion and the Floris Ninkenberry for next summer's Summer Beer Release.

We also have the FLoris Chocolate and FLoris Ninkenberry in consignment right now -- just in time for the holiday season !!

Any orders, info, or questions do not hesitate to call 416 462 1577 or e-mail paul@greatdrinks.com -- CHEERS !!

DukeofYork = Richard

Post by DukeofYork = Richard »

No slight to you, Rubaiyat, but isn't Florisgaarden Chocolat supposed to be the world's worst beer?

Rubaiyat

Post by Rubaiyat »

We brought in a small amount, some people wanted it, that is why. Their prerogative.

We got only like 5 extra cases or so that are not allocated - in case any one else came along.

As for the beer ... well ...

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Perhaps I'm a glutten for punishment, but I'm curious to try this beer. Can we get 24 of us together to buy a case. :lol:

Cheers, Joe

Rubaiyat

Post by Rubaiyat »

... if you buy 23 the 24th one is free ...

Kent

Post by Kent »

Well, I'll take one. Now are there 21 others?

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

I'm in. 20 left.

kp

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Hell, I'd be in for a bottle. I don't want to die without having tried the World's Worst Beer. :smile:

Greg

DukeofYork = Richard

Post by DukeofYork = Richard »

What the heck, I'm in too, then.

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

I was joking, but what the hell let's do it. A bad beer gathering!

Cheers, Joe

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Never let it be said that I've gone unpunished. Can we work this into "the split" somehow?

Asim Ozses

Post by Asim Ozses »

Ninkenberry sounds much more interesting with 5 fruits in it, however Passionfruit takes the cake. As far as the Chocolate it's great at first, but you can't drink more than one at a time. Too overpowering. For those who didn't like it, I am selling them at Castro's Lounge and at Sarah's Cafe no problem with return customers. People just love chocolate in any form or shape.