Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

truly terrible

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

I was fortunate enough to share a bottle of unibroue terrible with a friend who just came back from quebec. beautiful stuff. the aroma and flavour are full of chocolate and berries, but not too sweet. it has a wonderful coating mouthfeel and is almost too drinkable for a 10.5% beer. I definately like it better than unibroue 10, this is probably the best beer from unibroue I've ever had. anyone else tried it?

StrangeBrew

Post by StrangeBrew »

Every time I think Unibroue has reached the pinnacle of fine brew, they top themselves. Except for that bland "U" stuff, I've never met a Unibroue brand I didn't like. Now it sounds like I've got another dandy to look forward to!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

This sounds like a great one. Too bad they didn't have any at the Unibroue booth at the Fest this weekend, but I'll be in Montreal next weekend, so I'll try and pick some up.

Greg

Lubiere

Post by Lubiere »

If you are heading out to montreal, go to Johanette on De l'église street in Verdun (Its a Metro Supermarket), on block south of the corner of Wellington, they have almost all the QC microbrews. However, the Terrible is only sold in SAQs (there is one on Wellington st. and Galt, next to the subway De l'église station).

BTW, there are 2 new lines of bottled products in QC, the Alchimiste from Joliette (3 different beers), and the Barberie from Quebec City (4 new beers). They are available in the good dépanneurs/supermarkets. Didnt taste them yet.

Lubiere

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Well, I finally tried Terrible on Thanksgiving weekend - an excellent beer. I will be thoroughly enjoying my remaining bottles over the course of the winter. Highly recommended if you can grab some.