Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mahr's wheat bock

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Manul

Post by Manul »

Has anyone else tried this? I opened a bottle yesterday and just loved it. It think it's at least at the same level with Aventinus. As far as I'm concerned this is going to be my winter beer.

SirIsm

Post by SirIsm »

I'll agree with you that it is a decent beer and on bar with the Aventinus...in fact I bought a bottle to try today to compare to the Mahr's. Maybe not as good as I was hoping...but still a good beer.

howardt

Post by howardt »

I was at this brewery and they sold that beer in a funky 3.5l and 5l bottle. Very cool, good beer too. They also made a great unfiltered lager on tap...they served it with homemade beer schnapps. :smile:

Lyle

Post by Lyle »

They bottle (and export) that unfiltered lager as well - Mahr's Ungespundet Lager.

They also have an unfiltered Bock (Hell)

Both will hopefully be back in stock at Premier by the end of the month...
Lyle Ostrow
Premier Gourmet
3465 Delaware Avenue
Kenmore, NY 14217
tel:(716) 877-3574
email: premierbeer@adelphia.net

howardt

Post by howardt »

Lyle, let me know if/when it is in and I'll try to pick some up. howardt@creemoresprings.com

Immotius

Post by Immotius »

Just tried this beer and it was better than expected. I'm quite picky with weissbock.

I found it wasn't too sweet or caramelly, which is my preference anyway. And it had some nice fruitiness.

Considering this is available in the LCBO, it's definitely something I'd recommend trying. Repeat if necessary :eek: