Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Rogue Chocolate Stout?

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tar Bowel

Post by Tar Bowel »

Thanks espirit. Maybe I had finished brushing my teeth or something, before I had my first taste of Shakespear Stout.
I truly did enjoy the Shakespear/ Wild Irish stout. Hmm. Oh I comondeered a bottle of Dead guy Ale from some jerks" fridge who had left it there for awhile. It was pure tasty love. When that coming back?

Cheers!

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Dead Guy appears at the LCBO every September. Although we don't have confirmation of their intent to buy this year, we're pretty confident they will as last year's sales were very good.

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

An interesting thread, particularly when you consider the definition of "rogue". Dishonesty is in their name. Tried the chocolate stout and enjoyed it immensely, especially that head that went on forever.

Immotius

Post by Immotius »

I thoroughly enjoy the chocolate stout. But I have so far come across but a single bottle.

Does anyone know if there are any left at QQ, or somewhere accessible by car?

Tar Bowel

Post by Tar Bowel »

Yes, if you're in Toronto there is a couple in my fridge. Whoops make that one as I am enjoying one right now. (He He He)

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Immotius, call the LCBO Infoline at 416-365-5900 or 1-800-668-5226 and speak to an Information Officer...ask about stores carrying product number 926188. I can tell that there are about 240 bottles left in the whole province as of this past Saturday.

Immotius

Post by Immotius »

True as form, there seems to be a stash in Thunder Bay.

What's the chance this'll come back for the fall?

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

For the fall, probably not likely but will it come back...for sure as it's probably had the best sell through of almost any Rogue we'be brought in of late.