Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mill St. Original Organic Lager

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Biers4all

Post by Biers4all »

I finally got a chance to buy me a case of the Organic Lager this weekend. I tried to purchase a case around xmas at the brewery but they didn't have their Credit system up and running yet. I have been looking for it in every store and found it at the one down in the Loblaws at Queens Quay. I was quite surprised about the smallish size but it does remind me of the good old days at the Pigs Ear in Peterboro when you could buy a tray of beer at a time in little 6 oz glasses. I found the taste quite impressive. A nice spice in the Hop. It was quite quenching as well. If you get a chance, give it a go, you won't be disappointed. Cheers!

Tar Bowel

Post by Tar Bowel »

Hey Beers4Y'all, Just wondering what kind of drink you usually drink in the middle of winter. Everything you said was good about the beer except the fact that it reminded you of the Piggy. I don't think they had one good beer on tap ever, and I think a tray cost twelve bucks.

Once again, looking forward to other Mill st products, but this one, well it's just not for me personally.

What do other people think who have tried it?

Chuurs!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tar Bowel on 2003-02-17 22:15 ]</font>

Biers4all

Post by Biers4all »

The only thing that reminded me of the Piggy was the size of the bottle (it being small). As for the taste and preferences. I love all beers. On the occasion in question I had just finished a run and wanted something quenching. Considering I have tried pretty much everything that the LCBO, Esprit and Rubiyant offers, my preference varies with my mood. As for the new offerings of Mill St., I too am looking forward to trying them out.
Cheers!

Tar Bowel

Post by Tar Bowel »

You love all beers? Are you on "Special medication"? Next you're going to tell me that it's normal to sleep with loads of children that aren't yours in your bed.

I heard a rumor that there are beers that they use sheep feces to make. Do you love that beer too? Your love is so all encompassing.

So you are truthfully telling me, that say, you love to kick back after a nice run with a warm bottle of Bull Max Ice?

Doesn't running make you dehydrated? I would suggest personally maybe something non-alcoholic.

There is something in your blanket statements I don't trust................... hmmmm.

Chars!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tar Bowel on 2003-02-18 19:14 ]</font>

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Sheep feces? You mean that April Fool's joke from a year or two ago? People are so damn gullible.

Biers4all

Post by Biers4all »

Blanket statement yes. Kind of like, I love all women. I don't but i believe that it speaks to the passion I have for the opposite sex. I mean the same thing with Beer so please don't take things so literally. If you want me to be more specific, I can but I wouldn't want to take up valuable cyberspace to list my personal opinion on all 200 or so beers I have tried. As far as running goes, a wee pint after guzzling a quart or two of water is fine with me. Anywho, that’s enough small talk for one day. I would love to hear others opinions on the Mill Street brew. Cheers !