Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mill Street

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

the_mad_brewer

Post by the_mad_brewer »

Attention beer lovers! Mill Street have some really fine product in the tanks. I was fortunate enough to taste both their Sparkling and Pale ales. The Pale ale was an instant favourite. This will be a beer geek ale that will be compared to Sierra Nevada and the likes. Probably the finest (next to mine, of course) that I've tasted in Ontario. Cheers!

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

....another shareholder heard from....

the_mad_brewer

Post by the_mad_brewer »

Actually another brewery. Open your mind. This is NOT a paid endorsement. :smile: Cheers!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Rabbit please don't make this kind of assumption. If you read the forum regularly you'd know that the_mad_brewer is Dave from the Port of Whitby brewery. An endorsement from one brewer to another is obviously quite legit - I'm looking forward to trying their new beers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cass on 2003-03-16 13:07 ]</font>

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Actually, I'm well aware of who made the post and who he is...obviously "tongue in cheek" is an expression with which some bartowellers are not familiar...having said that, Cass, how do you know that he's not a shareholder unless you've seen their corporate filings? Nothwithstanding his feelings about his own brews, if I had a brewery in Whitby I sure as hell would have a backup plan! I very much look forward to trying this Sierra Nevada North and if I ever awake from a coma and find myself in Whitby, I'll surely try some of his stuff as well.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Tongue in cheek is usually followed by a smiley ( :smile: ) .....

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

don't know how to do a smiley but, rest assured, I didn't mean any offence....

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Please see:

http://www.bartowel.com/board/faq.php#smilies

I don't need to tell everyone that sarcasm does not always come across in the written word. These definitely help. Now let's all have some beers we enjoy, regardless of who profits from them!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cass on 2003-03-17 13:25 ]</font>

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

If it takes more than 10 seconds to digest instructions I quickly lose interest...the instructions on smiles would take me several days to digest so I guess I'll just stop being sarcastic....perhaps.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Put : next to ) and you get :smile:, it aint that hard...

Or, for a bigger grin, put : next to D like so: :grin:

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

For those interested, there's a write up in this week's issue of Eye Magazine about the Distillery District, which includes the Gooderham and Worts building.

There's no real mention of Mill St. other than them pointing out that there's a "new microbrewery".

Here's the link:

http://eye.net/eye/issue/issue_03.20.03 ... tists.html