Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Session Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Lubiere

Post by Lubiere »

Hello all,

Got a chance to re-aquaint myself with Scotch Irish products at a tasting at the Arrow and Loon last Tuesday, in Ottawa.

They had the cask Session and the dry hopped version, both of which had a wonderful floral hop signature, the dry hopped version having a more "grapefruity" (Agrume) taste.

Perry, Is the dry hopped session and Sgt Major Ipa the same? I have asked for the Sgt, and they told me session was equivalent.

BTW check your private message.

Lub

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Aren't the "cask" and "dry-hopped" versions of the Session Ale the same beer? I thought that Session Ale was a regular kegged beer, while the Dry Hop Border Bitter was a casked & dry-hopped version of the Session.

As for Sgt, Major's IPA, it's listed as a completely different beer on the Scotch Irish website.

Greg

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

I went to the Loon last night and had a pint of real ale. They have it listed and signed as Session (dry hop), but it is Sgt. Major's...no doubt about it! I informed them of the error. Sorry for any confusion.
Perry