Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Freeminer Trafalgar IPA

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

I know it's been out for a while now but, what with the recent discussion of Hopback Summer Lightning, I thought it was worth reminding folks of this hoppy beer again.

At 6% and 50 IBU's it is a powerful English IPA. I had some in the back of my beer cellar and recently dug back there and sampled a bottle or two. It has an assertive hop nose, a wonderful hazy copper colour and flavour to spare. While the malt coud have a stronger presence I am reminded from my recent sampling of how lush and lingering the hop flavour and finish are (which is surprising for a British IPA made with Goldings hops).

For hopheads like me who struggle to find a good hop fix this beer is well worth sampling. If you've tried it already them I'm probably preaching to the converted but if you haven't give it a try.