Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Flying Monkeys Alpha Fornication

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

mistermurphy wrote:When someone launches a theoretical 114% abv beer I will be supportive and keep my laughs to myself.

Please do so.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
ErkLR wrote:
peterchiodo wrote: Flying Monkeys Super-Collider DIPA - 12%abv 160IBUs....coming to your local brewery (in 650mL bottles) very soon!
Gah, sadly that is not local to London.
But you tried it at the Meet and Greet, right?
Nope, never got out to that. : :-?

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

ErkLR wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:
ErkLR wrote: Gah, sadly that is not local to London.
But you tried it at the Meet and Greet, right?
Nope, never got out to that. : :-?
It will likely be released on tap to 5 or 6 micro-supportive restaurants the day it is released to the LCBO (SR approval the label last week).

heebes

Post by heebes »

so is this IIPA going into lcbo's or will it be brewery bottles only?

pretty excited about this too and smashbomb isnt even released yet! netherworld just kinda came out so quickly.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

heebes wrote:so is this IIPA going into lcbo's or will it be brewery bottles only?
Look at Peter's post directly above yours...

heebes

Post by heebes »

yeah...well I just wasn't sure if it still had to be approved via the lcbo in ordr to legally sell through their brewery store, but okay, guess I'm just an idiot.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

New to this website. Living in Whitby.

I actually was fortunate to get one of the six bottles of this extreme beer. I'll be having it tonight and posting the YouTube review by the weekend.

Both scared and excited to open this one, not sure what to expect or how my palate is going to take it.

Also had the Super Collider last night that review should be up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Did anyone else get to try the Alpha? Curious to see anyone elses take on it...

Cheers!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

TheBeeraholic wrote: Did anyone else get to try the Alpha? Curious to see anyone elses take on it...

Cheers!
There is one review up on BA.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10796/70321