Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Other new beers

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

In addition to the fall release, there are a couple more new beers showing up at the LCBO. None of them are world beaters, but Giraf, Slavutych Premium and Taiwan Beer are all out there.

I also know a place in town where you can find Guatemalan beers, including Moza Bock, if anyone is curious about these.

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

I just had the Badger Golden Champion. More of a copper, really. It is a tasty, flowery, very honey-ish ale. Kind of light bodied, so not for all beer geeks, but a refreshing ale for warm Indian summer afternoons.

freesia

Post by freesia »

Hi all, Just returned from 3 weeks in England, so I was glad to see that Badger's Tanglefoot and Champion Ale had made it over to the LCBO by the time we returned this week. Any ideas on how long these beers will be in stock at LCBO's? I did enjoy quite a few pints of these while over there, and would hate to think that I'm only going to have the half dozen or so of each that are in my fridge before they become extinct! The next English beers that should be carried by the LCBO are Fuller's London Pride and Red Fox Autumn Ale...both quite tasty.

Cheers,
Kim

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Note to freesia, these products are part of the Autumn Ales promotion at the LCBO. As a result, the LCBO has probably purchased in the range of about 300 cases of 12 bottles and immediately shipped about 250 of these cases to the stores. The promotion is sheduled to end in early November when the Winter Beer promotion starts but these are basically "one shots" so get the products while you can as the more popular ones will probably be gone in a matter of weeks.

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Peter, while on the subject of the Fall Beers, where is the Straffe Hendrik Brune (I think you bring this in?).

I can't find it anywhere, even Queen's Quay.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

As has happened with almost every seasonal release to date, the LCBO is having distribution problems. This time it's with Brugse Straffe Hendrik, Liefmans Goudenband and both Samuel Smith Nut Brown and Pale Ale. I have been assured that all stores will have stock by next week but that's 3 weeks into the promo! Needless to say, we're extremely frustrated but there is nothing we can do. I know that Queen's Quay now has the Smith's but they don't have Brugse or Liefmans but other stores don't have any of these 4!

Sac

Post by Sac »

This is my first time posting on the forum, I think this site is the best beer site on the web, keep up the great work. Just to let everyone know that Smokeless now has Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar and the Rogue Scotch. There is nothing like a fresh Hazelnut. Cheers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sac on 2001-11-06 17:49 ]</font>