Nickel Brook Brewing

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Masterplan

Re: Nickel Brook Mystery Pack Number 2

Postby Masterplan » Mon May 03, 2021 3:42 pm

S. St. Jeb wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:Mystery Pack Number 2

Liked B the best.
A and C were OK.
Didn’t care so much for D

Masterplan: B is the least offensive offering
JaseWescott: that was the beer I voted for and enjoyed the most
seangm: I've had A through C now, A and B were decent but C was very underwhelming

NB email newsletter today

Tongue Tied, is the newest edition to our diverse IPA lineup and the winner of the Mystery Pack (Beer B in case you're wondering :wink: ).

It good to know, so I can skip that one.
seangm

Postby seangm » Tue May 04, 2021 11:28 am

S. St. Jeb wrote:

Liked B the best.
A and C were OK.

seangm: I've had A through C now, A and B were decent but C was very underwhelming

Tongue Tied, is the newest edition to our diverse IPA lineup and the winner of the Mystery Pack (Beer B in case you're wondering :wink: ).

Just seems weird to me, is it really that much different than Wicked Awesome? I still believe they should've used this opportunity to expand the type of styles offered.

I also noticed NB announced that their Uber series is being rebranded as Jam Stand, and will be "more approachable". I don't know about you guys but to me more approachable means more boring. I quite like Raspberry Uber so we'll see.
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Postby sofakingdrunk » Wed May 05, 2021 10:41 am

seangm wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:

Liked B the best.
A and C were OK.

Just seems weird to me, is it really that much different than Wicked Awesome? I still believe they should've used this opportunity to expand the type of styles offered.

I also noticed NB announced that their Uber series is being rebranded as Jam Stand, and will be "more approachable". I don't know about you guys but to me more approachable means more boring. I quite like Raspberry Uber so we'll see.

Yeah maybe not that much different....but slot of them seem to be fine doing that these days.
How often do Great Lakes release a new beer, and it’s a “hazy” or “New England” etc IPA. Same with collective arts, keep pumping out hazieboy after hazieboy

I’d agree with the Jam Stand assessment, They’ll likely dial back the sourness of your trypical Berliner Weiss and pump up more sweet fruit flavour...ass send to be the trend with “sours” these days.
JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Postby JerCraigs » Wed May 05, 2021 11:56 am

seangm wrote:I also noticed NB announced that their Uber series is being rebranded as Jam Stand, and will be "more approachable". I don't know about you guys but to me more approachable means more boring. I quite like Raspberry Uber so we'll see.

Yeah that seems more like a replacement than a rebranding to me. Less sour, more fruit.
seangm

Postby seangm » Wed May 05, 2021 3:24 pm

sofakingdrunk wrote:
seangm wrote:

Yeah maybe not that much different....but slot of them seem to be fine doing that these days.
How often do Great Lakes release a new beer, and it’s a “hazy” or “New England” etc IPA. Same with collective arts, keep pumping out hazieboy after hazieboy

I’d agree with the Jam Stand assessment, They’ll likely dial back the sourness of your trypical Berliner Weiss and pump up more sweet fruit flavour...ass send to be the trend with “sours” these days.

Fair enough, although those are typically rotational. It's more so using the whole mystery pack idea to release such a similar beer that had me puzzled, and even then they could've pushed the envelop a bit. While I do find a lot of these hazies seem to be the same beer over and over with tweaked hop bills, some are pretty excellent and NB's have fallen behind in that regard. Playing it a bit too safe perhaps.
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Postby sofakingdrunk » Thu May 06, 2021 1:20 pm

seangm wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:
seangm wrote:

Fair enough, although those are typically rotational. It's more so using the whole mystery pack idea to release such a similar beer that had me puzzled, and even then they could've pushed the envelop a bit. While I do find a lot of these hazies seem to be the same beer over and over with tweaked hop bills, some are pretty excellent and NB's have fallen behind in that regard. Playing it a bit too safe perhaps.

Couldn’t agree more.
S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly

Re: Nickel Brook Brewing

Postby S. St. Jeb » Thu May 06, 2021 10:10 pm

Nickel Brook bought the Big Rock facility in Etobicoke, and will be moving to a new location in Burlington.

https://www.canadianbeernews.com/2021/0 ... -location/

Return to “Ontario Brewers”