Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nickel Brook Brewing

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Blasphomet wrote:If you're talking about the sexy lady on the can then LOL.
http://www.bartowel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=10780

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:If you're talking about the sexy lady on the can then LOL.
http://www.bartowel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=10780
I remember. Lol.

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Finally finished off that mystery pack earlier tonight. For me the order was C (NE IPA) > B (session IPA) > D (dry-hop sour) > A (stout)

It was tough choosing between C, B and D. I'd be fine with any of those three winning the vote. C and B were neck and neck, but ultimately I voted C, because in reality I'm way more likely to actually purchase a full-strength IPA vs. a session IPA.

BeerIsGood

Post by BeerIsGood »

Haven't tried the mystery pack, but LCBO online inventory says my local has a few, so I should pick one up. I've tried Bolshevik Bastard, Immodest IIPA, and Uncommon Element Brett Pale Ale for the first time recently and been very impressed with them all.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Mystery Pack Number 2

Liked B the best.
A and C were OK.
Didn’t care so much for D

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

This mystery pack is a disaster, B is the least offensive offering.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

I wonder if NB will just end up releasing all of them anyway, like they did with the first mystery pack lol

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

seangm wrote:I wonder if NB will just end up releasing all of them anyway, like they did with the first mystery pack lol
Huh. Did they release all of them? I thought it was just the Wicked Awesome that got released?

walz22

Post by walz22 »

I thought Lost in Orbit, Duplicitous, and Cheeky Bastard were all from that first mystery pack. Could be wrong though.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

walz22 wrote:I thought Lost in Orbit, Duplicitous, and Cheeky Bastard were all from that first mystery pack. Could be wrong though.
Bingo. I recall someone asking about it on one of their social media channels and NB claimed they were different, but I'm not buying it. The mystery pack contained a session IPA (Orbit), salted sour (Duplicitous) and a lower ABV dry-ish stout (Cheeky). I tried them all, mystery and above releases, and they were pretty much the same beers perhaps with slight refinements.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Masterplan wrote:This mystery pack is a disaster, B is the least offensive offering.
that was the beer I voted for and enjoyed the most. the beers in the pack are good for the price but man should of released this in the Summer.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

I've had A through C now, A and B were decent but C was very underwhelming. Really all I'm left with from this exercise is, what's the point? None of these break any new ground for NB who already have a lineup of 3 year-round IPAs, and in the case of each one are hardly that different from Headstock (A), Wicked Awesome (B) and Lost in Orbit (C)- the jury is still out on D. They could've pushed the boundaries a bit here, or like the first pack picked multiple styles.

cboden

Post by cboden »

seangm wrote:I've had A through C now, A and B were decent but C was very underwhelming. Really all I'm left with from this exercise is, what's the point? None of these break any new ground for NB who already have a lineup of 3 year-round IPAs, and in the case of each one are hardly that different from Headstock (A), Wicked Awesome (B) and Lost in Orbit (C)- the jury is still out on D. They could've pushed the boundaries a bit here, or like the first pack picked multiple styles.
I don't want to be a doomsayer, but maybe this is what happens without Ryan Morrow as the brewmaster :(

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

cboden wrote:
seangm wrote:I've had A through C now, A and B were decent but C was very underwhelming. Really all I'm left with from this exercise is, what's the point? None of these break any new ground for NB who already have a lineup of 3 year-round IPAs, and in the case of each one are hardly that different from Headstock (A), Wicked Awesome (B) and Lost in Orbit (C)- the jury is still out on D. They could've pushed the boundaries a bit here, or like the first pack picked multiple styles.
I don't want to be a doomsayer, but maybe this is what happens without Ryan Morrow as the brewmaster :(
Yep, that could very well be the case. I've been noticing some consistency issues as of late too, particularly with Headstock to the point that I've stopped buying it for the time being.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

S. St. Jeb wrote:Mystery Pack Number 2

Liked B the best.
A and C were OK.
Didn’t care so much for D
Masterplan: B is the least offensive offering
JaseWescott: that was the beer I voted for and enjoyed the most
seangm: I've had A through C now, A and B were decent but C was very underwhelming

NB email newsletter today

Tongue Tied, is the newest edition to our diverse IPA lineup and the winner of the Mystery Pack (Beer B in case you're wondering :wink: ).