Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Persian Empire

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Coronaeus

Persian Empire

Post by Coronaeus »

Has anyone heard of this place? It popped up in my Facebook feed. The oddly named beers and low budget graphic design make me morbidly curious:

Indian Pale Ale

Otanobee River lager Belgian Style Beer (in Fraktur style lettering).

Dark Porter Beer.

I think I need to try this. The website is impressive too

https://www.persianempire1.com/beer/alcoholic-beer.html

distr0

Post by distr0 »

2.19 overall average on untappd. ouch.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I had Otanabee River on my "brewery" list but didn't really know much of anything about them.

BartOwl

Post by BartOwl »

$2.25 for 473 ml cans is pretty inexpensive, including the imperial ipa. I wonder if you get your money's worth.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

At least they have the decency to categorize their beer as alcoholic and non alcoholic. That's a big help. Also, their brand is "Canada's No 1" at something. Good for them!

As for the price, remember 2/3 of new breweries seem to be started by accountants wanting a change of life. This might be a really good accountant with great cost control skills. Anyway, another accountant starting a brewery is far less annoying than one buying a Harley with straight pipes and deciding to cosplay rebel gangster...
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

I can’t see a reason to ever find myself in Peterborough, but if I do, I’ll see if I can grab a can of each for science. Also, a jeroboam of Arak seems like a no-brainer to me.