Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bevi Birra

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Bevi Birra

Post by beerstodiscover »

Finally visited this bottle shop just north of Toronto on Hwy 27 in Vaughan. They have a great selection of Ontario brews as well as some ciders, wine, snacks, etc. I am not sure how they are operating as non-brewery, non-restaurant bottle shop (no food purchase required)—but I ain't complaining. Expect to pay 15-40% more than brewery prices. It's all about convenience and selection. And they get a lot of new brewery releases same/next day. It's a good place to snag a brew that sold out quick at the brewery (albeit for a higher price).

The clerk mentioned they intend to brew and serve food on site at some point soon. This shop is affiliated with the Small Batch Dispatch beer delivery service.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

beerstodiscover wrote:I am not sure how they are operating as non-brewery, non-restaurant bottle shop (no food purchase required)
My thought exactly. I didn't think this was possible under current laws. It really just sounds like a private liquor store. Did Vaughn quietly secede from Ontario and join Alberta?