Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

broken thermometer (need to buy replacement downtown TO)

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lyndonk

broken thermometer (need to buy replacement downtown TO)

Post by lyndonk »

So i'm an idiot and cracked my thermometer. I'm hoping to do a brew tomorrow so I'm in a bit of a time crunch. I live down town Toronto (right next to Steam Whistle) and don't drive a car. Does anyone know a store I can swing by tomorrow morning to pick up a spare thermometer? I've checked google and the closest place seems to be Fermentations. Any suggestions on other stores or does anyone know of grocery stores or other stores that might have something suitable? It'd kill about 2.5 hours to trek all the way up to Toronto Brewing.

Thanks for the help!

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

lyndonk wrote:So i'm an idiot and cracked my thermometer. I'm hoping to do a brew tomorrow so I'm in a bit of a time crunch. I live down town Toronto (right next to Steam Whistle) and don't drive a car. Does anyone know a store I can swing by tomorrow morning to pick up a spare thermometer? I've checked google and the closest place seems to be Fermentations. Any suggestions on other stores or does anyone know of grocery stores or other stores that might have something suitable? It'd kill about 2.5 hours to trek all the way up to Toronto Brewing.

Thanks for the help!
you can buy a temp shitty one for $15 at Kitchen Stuff Plus.
then buy a Thermapen on ebay

jcc

Post by jcc »

I imagine this is late, but Noble Hop on Dundas has thermometers. Also, most grocery stores should have digital or analog ones that will be close enough for your needs. I've picked up a few $10 ones at Loblaws.