Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Where to get 375ml Belgian Bottles

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

J343MY

Where to get 375ml Belgian Bottles

Post by J343MY »

I trying to get a couple cases of 375ml belgian style bottles, either the ones that can be capped or the ones that are corked. So far I haven't had much luck finding a source.

Any ideas?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

BeerBistro?
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

icemachine wrote:BeerBistro?
more so I am looking for somewhere to buy several cases of new bottles.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I'd look to a Niagara winery then, perhaps even the college

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

icemachine wrote:I'd look to a Niagara winery then, perhaps even the college
I'm not sure why a winery would be using belgian beer bottles, but its worth checking into i guess.

Thanks

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

J343MY wrote:I'm not sure why a winery would be using belgian beer bottles, but its worth checking into i guess.
belgian beer bottles == champagne bottles. though the little ones are far less common in the wine world so I doubt they'd necessarily have them on hand, but might be able to put you in touch with where to get 'em. You could also try contacting Zach @ toronto brewing or Randy @ cdn homebrew supply and asking if they can bring them in. I just save every one i get my hands on...
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

duncan

Post by duncan »

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

grub wrote:belgian beer bottles == champagne bottles. though the little ones are far less common in the wine world so I doubt they'd necessarily have them on hand, but might be able to put you in touch with where to get 'em. You could also try contacting Zach @ toronto brewing or Randy @ cdn homebrew supply and asking if they can bring them in. I just save every one i get my hands on...
To clarify a little bit, this is the style of bottle I am looking for:
are these considered champagne bottles too?

My next step will be to start contacting homebrew stores, but I kind of shudder to think what randy will charge if he is able to get them in.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I thought you were looking for the Lindemans style bottle with the punt on the bottom like so.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

I think I have some Lost Abbey bottles. I'll have a look.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

J343MY wrote:
grub wrote:belgian beer bottles == champagne bottles. though the little ones are far less common in the wine world so I doubt they'd necessarily have them on hand, but might be able to put you in touch with where to get 'em. You could also try contacting Zach @ toronto brewing or Randy @ cdn homebrew supply and asking if they can bring them in. I just save every one i get my hands on...
To clarify a little bit, this is the style of bottle I am looking for:
are these considered champagne bottles too?

My next step will be to start contacting homebrew stores, but I kind of shudder to think what randy will charge if he is able to get them in.
The one on the right looks like the Trou Du Diable small format bottle, I picked up a few in Quebec last week. Maybe check with Bar Volo and see if they have any empties if they carry them in that size. They probably can't bring them for returns here.

Or write to TDD and see where they get them from.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

phirleh wrote:The one on the right looks like the Trou Du Diable small format bottle, I picked up a few in Quebec last week. Maybe check with Bar Volo and see if they have any empties if they carry them in that size. They probably can't bring them for returns here.

Or write to TDD and see where they get them from.
Thanks for the into on TDD. I'd much rather buy cases of new ones, rather than collect from bars and have to clean them all.

I have Canadian homebrew supplies checking into them right now, but If that doesn't work I'll probably try contacting TDD.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

J343MY wrote:I have Canadian homebrew supplies checking into them right now, but If that doesn't work I'll probably try contacting TDD.
did you end up having any luck finding some? that's one of the sizes I always wish i had more of, and also the one that only seems to come from breweries who's labels don't come off easy... might consider buying if the price was right (but CHS seems to be getting worse rather than better with his price inflation...)
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Have you checked out Zack's new store yet (torontobrewing.ca)? His prices are great as always and pretty convenient to get to being close to the 401 and all. I'm not sure if he'd order in the bottles though, would have to talk to him.

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

grub wrote:
J343MY wrote:I have Canadian homebrew supplies checking into them right now, but If that doesn't work I'll probably try contacting TDD.
did you end up having any luck finding some? that's one of the sizes I always wish i had more of, and also the one that only seems to come from breweries who's labels don't come off easy... might consider buying if the price was right (but CHS seems to be getting worse rather than better with his price inflation...)
CHS looked into them for me, but they said the minimum order was too large. At that point I just kind of gave up on getting some.