Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Stout Night 2020 - Virtual

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Stout Night 2020 - Virtual

Post by beerstodiscover »

Much thanks to the organizers for putting this on. It was great to hear some top local stout makers talk stouts and take on some eternal debates such as stout vs. porter and the merits of cellaring. I'm especially glad Cass asked my question about the lack of banana stouts.. hopefully we see some soon!

I am not sure if the recording will be made available but it would be worth a listen for any stout lovers out there.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thanks for joining! I was genuinely happy to see the question about banana, as I was serious that one of my favourite stouts in recent memory was the one from Cruz Blanca in Chicago. Would love to see one around here!