Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days 2017

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

northyorksammy wrote:Ever friend there regardless of age or orientation complained of loudness. Whoever made that decision was out of touch in that aspect of their customer base.
Agreed. I've always viewed Cask Days as a more mature, relaxed beer festival. Save the insanely loud music and frat atmosphere for Toronto Beer Fest.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

I was at Session 2, spent the entire night in the US area, didn't even notice the music.

I did go over to the Ontario section to grab a Rat Queen, and found that side to be way busier and less pleasant though. Was it the crowd or the music, probably a bit of both.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

I was cleaning out the bag I had with me for cask Days (don’t judge; I have twin toddlers) and came across a bunch of tokens I didn’t end up using. To the regulars: do they use the same wooden drink tokens every year? Or, should I throw them on the fire?

Cheers.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

It's wooden tokens every year. I don't know if they change the pattern on them or something, but I doubt anyone would notice. You can probably use them next year.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

I think the tokens have been the same for at least past three years. I've used leftovers from the previous year in the past without incident.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Great. Thanks.

Esquandolas

Post by Esquandolas »

What's the word on Cask Days 2018 eh?

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

I'm in no way affiliated with the event but I was under the impression that the Brickworks were under construction, and would be for the next year or so.