What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

dale cannon

Re: What're you lightly drinking?

Postby dale cannon » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:24 am

Belgian wrote:
Belgian wrote:Had a few low-ABV brews... the Godspeed Draught-lager style"Baby Svetly" (1.5%) is pretty acceptable for a crushable quaff,

and the Omnipollo KONX (0.3%) tastes almost like a good light sour pale but something in the taste goes very wrong, like it's spoiled or infected.

I'm not expecting the fulness and body of 'beer' in either of these, they are really something else than that to me, but there's no good reason the Omnipollo should taste spoiled.]

Had many fine cans of Omnipollo.
Lately gravitating to the Partake Pale and Partake IPA. ($2 at LCBO.)

When I get used to the (alcohol-free) light body of these Partake brews these are really nice. These don't 'count' towards the alcohol or calorie consumption of regular beer so I can have them any time.

Also from Rowe Farms I have found the Partake Stout to be pretty acceptable. The Red is light and simple yet surprisingly tasty. The Blond is bland but OK. I'll be putting more Red in the fridge... and some of the Partake Stout (Rowe Farms) and the Big Drop Stout as well (from LCBO.)

Have you tried the Big Drop stuff? I can recommend the galactic stout, remarkably good. There’s also a Paradiso Citra IPA that I haven’t tried but is also highly rated as a low alcohol. $2.45 in cans at LC.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.
shintriad
Bar Fly

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby shintriad » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:16 pm

I bought a case of Big Drop after seeing an ad on Untappd...I was a little disappointed, to be honest. (Also, the LCBO started selling them like a day after they arrived.)

But I might have a new fave: Mikkeller makes some great N/A beers, including the tropical Henry & His Science and shrub-like Limbo Raspberry. Although I hear the Limbo Blueberry is the greatest.

Happened to find them at Boxcar Social Riverside (Queen and Boulton), and I'm not sure about their Harbourfront or Summerhill locations. Be warned, though: it's six bucks for a short can, so you might want to save it for a nonalcoholic bender.
S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly

Re: What're you drinking right now?

Postby S. St. Jeb » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:23 pm

Until earlier tonight, I had not heard of Big Family Brewing in Sarnia. A friend brought me 10 different beers from there. Had their Scottish Kiss which was excellent. Really didn't notice the 7.8% alc.
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Grüvi photo from Untappd

Postby Belgian » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:38 pm

dale cannon wrote:
Belgian wrote:Also from Rowe Farms I have found the Partake Stout to be pretty acceptable. The Red is light and simple yet surprisingly tasty. The Blond is bland but OK. I'll be putting more Red in the fridge... and some of the Partake Stout (Rowe Farms) and the Big Drop Stout as well (from LCBO.)

Have you tried the Big Drop stuff? I can recommend the Galactic stout, remarkably good. There’s also a Paradiso Citra IPA that I haven’t tried but is also highly rated as a low alcohol. $2.45 in cans at LC.

Yeah man I agree... The Galactic and the Big Drop are both worthwhile Stouts.
I mean these are great tasting products for the NA creations they are... The Galactic has a noticeable Black Malt note.

And just now I'm having my first Grüvi Sour Weisse (got 4-pack at Rowe Farms) and I can honestly say it's made with integrity - there's a Berliner Weisse vibe to this with tart apricot-like fruitiness and some yeasty bready and grainy notes just right for the style. Made with barley malt, oats and wheat, no fillers!

Also I'm liking the Partake Red way more than I thought... the naturally sweet and lightly toasty malts are great for this non-Alc version of a Red (a style I usually pay no attention to.) By comparison the Partake IPA seems super dry without alcohol (but great in hot weather, served medium-cold.)

In Beerum Veritas

Return to “Random Talk”