Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Craft beer industry faces reckoning as claims of sexism, misogyny and assault surface online

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Craft beer industry faces reckoning as claims of sexism, misogyny and assault surface online

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Not a good story. Resonating with me is "...allegations that stand in stark contrast to the feel-good image of friendliness, inclusivity and community the sector has long conveyed."

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

S. St. Jeb wrote:Craft beer industry faces reckoning as claims of sexism, misogyny and assault surface online

Not a good story. Resonating with me is "...allegations that stand in stark contrast to the feel-good image of friendliness, inclusivity and community the sector has long conveyed."
A sobering read. That's an interesting quote you pull out too because the general vibe of craft brewing is that it's a better, more community and inclusivity-focused industry than most others, but for all the instances of activism and support that we should applaud I'd love to see some figures on how may people in and associated with the industry are of colour, or female or identify as something other than hetero. Throw in the fact that alcohol can play a role in sexual harassment and a general loss of judgement and the view clouds even further.