Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

PC Leadership Candidate will Tank TBS Monopoly

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

cirrosis wrote:corporations control the government, the government controls alcohol distribution, figure it out.
Corrections:

A) The government IS a corporation. In many cases in direct competition with private enterprise.

B) The Private cartel that has a monopoly on domestic beer retail distribution is owned by foreign corporations.

I hope some of Hillier's libertarian laissez fare economic ideals leave an impression in the Hudak camp. Like it or not Hudak will probably be the Premier some day because regime change is kismet.

Hillier's idea was to have multi sector beer and wine marketing like Quebec. In Quebec a private retailer can buy beer from multiple sources/suppliers. Corner store and grocery chain retail is natural evolution in growing micro-craft beer culture. Think of a chain of "Metro Joannette" stores across Ontario's retail landscape and tell me that isn't a tasty proposition to aspire to. I think local micros would blossom with the new alternate retail opportunity.

It's sad you can buy an adult movie in an Ontario corner store but not an adult beverage
Aventinus rules!