Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Just got the call from Queens Quay, it'll be on the shelf in the morning. Today there were twenty people lines up at 10:00. I asked how many packages they were getting she said 120 six packs. Of the four or five I called and left my number with she was the first to call back.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

TheBeeraholic wrote:Just got the call from Queens Quay, it'll be on the shelf in the morning. Today there were twenty people lines up at 10:00. I asked how many packages they were getting she said 120 six packs. Of the four or five I called and left my number with she was the first to call back.
other stores are saying Thursday.

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

And yet others are saying Friday!

Like WTF?!

End rant.

zombi69

Post by zombi69 »

dutchcanuck wrote:And yet others are saying Friday!

Like WTF?!

End rant.
Ya, was told Friday as well.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

I guess each stores different then. Without a word of a lie, they called me at 2:27pm saying they're receiving tonight and will be on shevles in the morning. I said when is the earlier I can call to verify. She said (didnt get her name) that there staff will be in at 8:30am.

Wonkanator

Post by Wonkanator »

I got one of these packs from Halifax at the beginning of October. Couldn't find the bottling date for those interested in how old it will be when its out in Ontario (Im assuming its all from the same batch). But the date on the cap says "27.03.15". So if anyone knows how far in the future Westys are typically marked as for the BB date you can figure out the approximate bottling date.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

If the store actually gets them in a shipment tonight for sale tomorrow then they ought to be on the LCBO's inventory website tomorrow morning, right? Is that how that works? Because posts the stock levels at the end of the previous day, which would include the newly delivered beer?

If that is the case it will take some of the guesswork out of knowing which stores to stand in front of and how much stock each of those stores might have. Maybe this is just wishful thinking...

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Actatu

Post by Actatu »

Out of curiosity, would anyone who actually has the the time to purchase a 6-pack tomorrow morning be willing to split it? Due to exams all day tomorrow, my chances of actually finding a pack are slim to none and it seems this would be my "only" chance of actually acquiring a bottle...or two...

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

So I dropped by this morning and was told the following (don't want to get anyone in trouble)

Not sure if will come Tuesday night or Wednesday night. But doesn't matter, all 36 of our packs are already spoken for. We are honouring our list (started in November). They will be calling everyone on the list, who will have the current day to pick up. Next day everything is on the floor at 10:00 am.

I get honouring the list, but means waiting in line is a complete waste of time. This person confirmed that another store in Toronto was in the same boat, but with only 40 packages.

In some ways I respect honouring the list, but how infuriating to have zero stock.

Need a better solution!!

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Yet others above have reported (and I heard as well) that there was a memo from head office specifically saying lists should not be honoured.

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

He also said he recived this memo yesterday, but said it was too late to adhere to that rule. He started a list in November and is honouring his word (which you have to respect). His interpretation was first come first served started in November.

Called Rideout in London, they said they would not put anything on the floor, will be 'holding it for regulars'.

Called 393 in London, took my name, but only for courtesey call for when it hits the floor. Will stick with first come first served.

Anyway to find out which locations will get the most stock. If I have to drive to Toronto from Waterloo, I might as well head to the store with the most in stock.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I think someone said at some point Queen's Quay and Summerhill would be getting the most stock? That is really just an educated guess though.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The interest in Westy caused yesterday to the be the highest traffic on a single day all year on BarTowel. Wow!