Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 release: mid December

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Soods wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:
You know what was a rare beer??? BA Tempest, and it was yummy, and I have two bombers in my fridge, so why am I so freaked out by this?
Hey I'll trade you a Westy for one of those BA Tempests! :D :D
hmmm....
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

JeffPorter wrote:1) Ontario and Canada is awesome.

2) Get your grubby little undergrad-no-daytime-job-having hands off my Westy!
(1) Plus, tomorrow is apparently the release date for two LCBO exclusive Cameron's Barrel Aged beers. Just tell everyone in line that you're waiting for that and ask if you can get out of the way by going first...

(2) I'm pretty sure undergrads ought to be too busy studying to be buying beer. Anyway, they are probably more enticed by the Beer Store's $1 off Laker Ice this week to notice...

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

groulxsome wrote: (1) Plus, tomorrow is apparently the release date for two LCBO exclusive Cameron's Barrel Aged beers.
I sure hope they have figured out how to barrel age a beer in the past year. Speaking of which, I still have a bottle of last year's barrel aged strong ale... wasn't I supposed to give that to someone? Jeff Porter maybe?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
groulxsome wrote: (1) Plus, tomorrow is apparently the release date for two LCBO exclusive Cameron's Barrel Aged beers.
I sure hope they have figured out how to barrel age a beer in the past year. Speaking of which, I still have a bottle of last year's barrel aged strong ale... wasn't I supposed to give that to someone? Jeff Porter maybe?
Yeah, I got one last year- I'll say this - they did a good job with the first BA Deviator. Only this time the Deviator is up substantially in alcohol, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm pretty sure the Congac VSPA is aged RPA, so again, we'll see...Hopefully they're good.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

So with this "wide" release, will the trading worth of these go down? I'd love to try and trade for a dark lord in a year or two

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

admviolin wrote:So with this "wide" release, will the trading worth of these go down? I'd love to try and trade for a dark lord in a year or two
They will indeed be near worthless, but I'll gladly trade a bottle (750ml) of my first home brewed pale ale. It only has a tiny bit of carboard taste...right now.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

JeffPorter wrote: Fuck you, awesome beer!
Maybe my favorite Bar Towel quote. Ever.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

JeffPorter wrote:
Bytowner wrote: It's a fine beer, but everyone getting angry about possibly missing out should chill, maybe grab a La Trappe.
Or a Cuvee van Keizer - it's 7 bucks for a bomber!
If I'm skunked on this, as a consolation I'm taking my 76 bucks to the SAQ and buying 17 bottles of Rochefort 10.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

JeffPorter wrote:Yeah, I got one last year- I'll say this - they did a good job with the first BA Deviator. Only this time the Deviator is up substantially in alcohol, so we'll see how that goes.
I had a 6-pack of the BBA Deviator they were selling at the brewery in August of this year and I really liked it. 7.1% and very smooth bourbon taste. I thought it was actually one of the better whiskey BA treatments I've had around these parts (but I'm very partial for the Amsterdam wine barrel beers).

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Ceecee wrote: If I'm skunked on this, as a consolation I'm taking my 76 bucks to the SAQ and buying 17 bottles of Rochefort 10.
Or just wait until we get it hear in the near future, if I'm not mistaken.

Well, it's been awesome stressing with you guys, but I think I'll turn it in.

Cheers, kids.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

JeffPorter wrote:
Ceecee wrote: If I'm skunked on this, as a consolation I'm taking my 76 bucks to the SAQ and buying 17 bottles of Rochefort 10.
Or just wait until we get it hear in the near future, if I'm not mistaken.

Well, it's been awesome stressing with you guys, but I think I'll turn it in.

Cheers, kids.
Sleeping is giving in.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Soods

Post by Soods »

Go line up before it's all gone! Jeff you won't be able to forgive yourself for missing out on this! :D

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

Neither Camerons barrel aged is showing stock either. Maybe I'll get lucky to pick some of that up on my trip to the big smoke tomorrow, in addition to some Westies

mh007

Post by mh007 »

Does anyone know which stores in Ottawa will be getting this?

I wonder if it will show up later in Ottawa, since we usually get things much later than the GTA.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

mh007 wrote:Does anyone know which stores in Ottawa will be getting this?

I wonder if it will show up later in Ottawa, since we usually get things much later than the GTA.
From lcbo page posted previously.

Ottawa
-Rideau & King Edward 613-789-5226
-Hunt Club & Merivale (Nepean Crossroads) 613-224-4333

http://hellolcbo.com/app/answers/detail ... Um13ZGw%3D