Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

That's a bargain price on the 2 Rochefort ales.

Rochefort 8 is $6.49 in Edmonton!!!

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Still a bargin. When will the 10 be arriving?

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Unbelievable bargain. $6.49 in Edmonton!

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I noticed Chimay Blue went up to 3.25 and Chimay Red went up to 6.40 as well. Not a huge increase, but still an increase.
esprit wrote:Rochefort 8 will be going up to $3.00.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

The Rochefort 10 is part of the Winter release so first week of December. We did not increase Chimay prices. Higher freight cost and exchange accounted for the increase.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Had a Rochefort 10 recently, first time in quite a while, really enjoyed it. Will be stocking up a bit me thinks!

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

esprit wrote:The Rochefort 10 is part of the Winter release so first week of December. We did not increase Chimay prices. Higher freight cost and exchange accounted for the increase.
Any chance the chimay gift pack with chalice will be returning this christmas? i assume you brought it in a few years ago when i bought a few. My son broke my second to last glass last weekend.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

We submitted 5 Belgian gift packs to the LCBO and all 5 were rejected. It now seems that exessive packaging and non-alcohol related items (glasses) are no longer welcome even though these were the core of previous Holiday gift items. I am very interested in seeing what they did buy. Looks like they want multi-packs with no glassware but I can guarantee you we'll see boxes with glasses and then the questions begin.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Brutal.. Personally I've always bought every gift pack with a glass in it.

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

TheBeeraholic wrote:Brutal.. Personally I've always bought every gift pack with a glass in it.
Thos are pretty popular at my house too. Not only that but they make awesome gifts if you get invited to someones house for a christmas party. They also seem to regularly show up either as door prizes or in the gift exchange at my office Christmas party. I imagine that there are a ton of other workplaces where the exact same thing happens.

Also on a related note, is it possible to find out what the Belgian packs with glassware that you submitted were?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

esprit wrote:We submitted 5 Belgian gift packs to the LCBO and all 5 were rejected. It now seems that exessive packaging and non-alcohol related items (glasses) are no longer welcome...
Those damn Westvleteren packs ruined everything. With their huge lineups at stores... and their non-alcohol related glassware...
In Beerum Veritas

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Holiday season just won't be the same without those little boxes of joy. Some can be a tad pricey but they are so functional since I do break a few chalices each year and I am looking to replenish my stock. Just when the LCBO was on a sweet roll, they take a bit of a step back here with this decission. Peter, do you know of a good contact at the BO we can email to express our interest in seeing the gift packs this Christmas?

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

With glasses we submitted Chimay and Corsendonk.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

wasn't there talk about Rodenbach coming to the lcbo? Is this part of the winter release?

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

TheBeeraholic wrote:Brutal.. Personally I've always bought every gift pack with a glass in it.
I as well!

A Corona gift set with just beer in it, .....yeah right!

So does this mean the Ommegang gift set wont have the chalice?