Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

U.S shutdown

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

screw2000

U.S shutdown

Post by screw2000 »

I did not know of the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau before today.

http://www.thestar.com/business/economy ... gover.html

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

I got in a little trouble for my opinion on this on twitter.

They're claiming that the ~15 day shutdown will cause them some difficulty, and it certainly will. It might triple that amount of time. The 15 days (so far) will almost certainly turn into a large backlog.

But that assumes that the tax and trade bureau is already operating like a well oiled machine. There's already a 75 day waiting period for paperwork. If there's one thing the lobbying arm of the BA should take away from this it's that the industry could be vastly improved by increasing the funding and personnel level at this bottleneck. If you're having to file your seasonal labels six months in advance in order to guarantee your ship date, you're gonna have a bad time.
saintjohnswort.ca