Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cambridge, Ontario Tap Takeovers at 'The Bruce'

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

xocoatl

Cambridge, Ontario Tap Takeovers at 'The Bruce'

Post by xocoatl »

Just saw this advertised in local paper, looks like its recurring monthly (next on for July is Royal City):

http://www.cambridgehotel.ca/wp-content ... y-July.pdf

Join us for local craft beers, live music
& a wide selection of tapas food served throughout the evening.
$35*/ticket includes:
4 Beer Tasters; 2 Pints of Your Favourite; Large Selection of Tapas
Live Entertainment 6:30pm – 9:30pm; Door Prizes & Giveaways

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

These are definitely worth it!

I served at one repping GRB and attended the last one a couple of weeks ago for Charles MacLean. Great value, the brewers bring their best, Chef Aaron has GREAT food and for $35 for two full pints, sample flight and essentially all you can eat, it is definitely worth the time and effort to go.

The Bruce is a nice place to hang. It's slightly generic being in a hotel and all but it's one of the better hotel bar/restos I've been in. It's very craft friendly and the food is terrific. The Chef is really doing a great job there.

zane9

Post by zane9 »

We stayed at the hotel, for a wedding in Cambridge. Impressed by the late night menu at the bar: the braised oxtail gnocchi was terrific. The selection of beer was great, including local brewers Block 3, Descendants, Wellington. Apparently 25'ish craft beers rotate through the taps. By the look of the stack of handles I have no doubt!

Hoping to get to the next tap-takeover. Royal City Brewing in the house!

EDIT: i think this should be moved to Good Pub Reviews?