Bellwoods Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DeMarco

Bellwoods Brewery

Post by DeMarco »

Anything Bellwoods brewery releases here.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

That's what the "New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases" thread is for....no?

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

El Pinguino wrote:That's what the "New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases" thread is for....no?
Since Bellwoods takes up such a huge proportion of posts on that thread, why not give Bellwoods its own thread, and leave that one your mentioned for everything else?

beerguykw

Post by beerguykw »

Agreed, especially with their upcoming expansion. They are, arguably, our best brewery. Why not give them their own space?

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Yeah I feel as this brewery continues to release new stuff a few times a month, it would be better to have it's own thread.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

And to provide some content, I'll note that they've released their new version of Omertà this week which can be found in the bottle shop. If you're going in for a pint, they have Jutsu Version 5 and Midnight Pilot on tap, both of which I highly recommend giving a try.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

napoleon wrote:And to provide some content, I'll note that they've released their new version of Omertà this week which can be found in the bottle shop. If you're going in for a pint, they have Jutsu Version 5 and Midnight Pilot on tap, both of which I highly recommend giving a try.
Speaking of which, what ever happened to this last fall?
2. With a recent batch of Omertá, an idea stirred. Brewed as per usual, fermented, and dry-hopped with tons of orange peel, hibiscus flowers, and Centennial, we transferred it into rum barrels mid summer. We’ll be adding coconut and pineapple (and perhaps a few other tropical fruits), and letting it age just a bit further to become a delicious Jamaican-style rum punch concoction. This one will be released late September or early October.

Morrish

Post by Morrish »

Speaking of which, what ever happened to this last fall?
2. With a recent batch of Omertá, an idea stirred. Brewed as per usual, fermented, and dry-hopped with tons of orange peel, hibiscus flowers, and Centennial, we transferred it into rum barrels mid summer. We’ll be adding coconut and pineapple (and perhaps a few other tropical fruits), and letting it age just a bit further to become a delicious Jamaican-style rum punch concoction. This one will be released late September or early October.
[/quote]

I went to one of their tasting a while back and I remember the brewer running the session mentioning that they've had to dump 2 or 3 batches of various beers that they felt just didn't work or didn't meet their standards . Perhaps this was one of them? Dumping a batch obviously represents a sizable loss financially for such a small operation but its nice to see a brewery value their reputation over their bottom line.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

Morrish wrote: I went to one of their tasting a while back and I remember the brewer running the session mentioning that they've had to dump 2 or 3 batches of various beers that they felt just didn't work or didn't meet their standards . Perhaps this was one of them? Dumping a batch obviously represents a sizable loss financially for such a small operation but its nice to see a brewery value their reputation over their bottom line.
Yeah I don't think this is the first, nor will it be the last, experiment to be dumped or at very least re-worked. Just wondering if anyone had heard specifics. For the record, it sounds like a fucking great summer drink (even better than Avery Lilikoi Kepolo, which sounds awesome); pina colada in a beer glass.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

sort of like how Blitzen was supposed to be released last winter but never happened

man do i miss blitzen

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

The shark is back.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

AugustusRex wrote:
El Pinguino wrote:That's what the "New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases" thread is for....no?
Since Bellwoods takes up such a huge proportion of posts on that thread, why not give Bellwoods its own thread, and leave that one your mentioned for everything else?
Using this logic, I think we should create a "Belgian's non-beer recommendations" thread and leave "Uncorked-Wine and Spirits Appreciation" for others. :D

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
AugustusRex wrote:
Using this logic, I think we should create a "Belgian's non-beer recommendations" thread and leave "Uncorked-Wine and Spirits Appreciation" for others. :D
LOL. Or we could just give Belgian the thread and rename it. Nobody else posts anything useful.

skootles

Post by skootles »

jeremyg wrote:sort of like how Blitzen was supposed to be released last winter but never happened

man do i miss blitzen
Yeah, I was disappointed when we didn't get Blitzen this year. I was also hoping for 3 Minutes to Midnight as well, it's been almost a year since their blog post about it going into cognac barrels.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

AugustusRex wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:
AugustusRex wrote:
LOL. Or we could just give Belgian the thread and rename it. Nobody else posts anything useful.
Haha....is there a way to block thread from showing up? I have no use for that one...
:D