Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New place in KW: Arabella Park Beer Bar

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Derek
Beer Superstar

New place in KW: Arabella Park Beer Bar

Post by Derek »

I just saw a job posting, but it sounds promising...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.htm ... cale=en_CA

As a joint venture between a family in Kitchener Waterloo and the award-winning beer bar Stillwell in Halifax, Arabella Park seeks to be the best beer bar in the southern Ontario region. The beer program will align with what we consider to be one of the best existing models for an outstanding regional beer bar. The focus will be a balanced yet rotating draught selection of the best craft beer and cider in Ontario, supplemented by exciting imports from out of province and one-off shipments from the US and beyond.

This person must have:

A passion for craft beer - both local and international, historical and modern.

This person will ideally have:

- Experience working in a craft-beer focused environment.
- A good knowledge of the Ontario craft beer scene.
- Existing relationships with craft beer industry professionals in Ontario.
- A good knowledge of the workings of a draught beer system.
- An excellent knowledge of beer styles and brewing processes.
- A level of Cicerone qualification.

The tasks this person will have to perform:

- Organize weekly beer deliveries from Ontario breweries.
- Work with management to maintain a well-balanced and exciting tap and bottle list for Arabella Park.
- Staff training - on draught beer system and beer styles.
- Work with management to cultivate and maintain relationships with breweries and agencies in and outside of Ontario, and with the LCBO.
- Ensure that beer is stored and served correctly, be it cold storage or cellaring.
- On occasion, identify beer that is not fit for service and remove it from rotation.

This person will also bartend for 30-40 hours a week and will be required to complete his or her additional duties outside of this time.

The starting date for this position will be during the month of May.

Please apply for this position by responding to this ad including your resume, references and cover letter telling us a bit about yourself.

Candidates under consideration will be contacted.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

you linked to the management page for the ad! i can edit it to whatever I want... but I'm too tired to come up with anything clever

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Already mentioned here.

As I mentioned in the other thread. I've heard about this in October, but have heard nothing else until this popped up.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I edited out the link to the management page so nobody can change the add. Pretty shoddy security on the part of kijiji to allow linking like that, but whatever.