Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

BCBS LCBO?

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Morrish

BCBS LCBO?

Post by Morrish »

Does anyone have any news on a Black Friday release at the LCBO? Was just curious if we could expect something similar to last year or if I should be heading stateside at the end of November.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

If I was a betting man, Id say plan your usa trip..

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Not this year, LCBO wanted it GI said no

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

PeenSteen wrote:Not this year, LCBO wanted it GI said no
No love for their Canadian friends. I love that they come up here for Migration week to tease us with all these great beers we have no chance of buying.
^^^Hop-head ^^^

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

i honestly don't blame any brewery for not wanting to deal with the LCBO

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

jeremyg wrote:i honestly don't blame any brewery for not wanting to deal with the LCBO
GI deal well with Ontario on their terms. No favors owed either way I imagine.
In Beerum Veritas

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

It was supposed to happen GI backed out

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

PeenSteen wrote:It was supposed to happen GI backed out
Any idea why they did? My guess would be that the LCBO could in no way guarantee the beer would hit the shelves on black friday.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

ChrisK wrote:
Any idea why they did? My guess would be that the LCBO could in no way guarantee the beer would hit the shelves on black friday.
i assume their infection issue depleted inventory

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

atomeyes wrote:
ChrisK wrote:
i assume their infection issue depleted inventory
Oh, shit, I didn't even think about that. Way to go Goose Island.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

so funny to see the terrible allocations buffalo gets as well. premier says you can buy one bottle of your choice of the 2016 or (hopefully not infected) 2015 and no variants! meanwhile, many places in the states are getting rare and regal along with regular. I mean rumour has it the yield is down, but that doesn't really jive with one place in NYC offering TWO case limits! if the overall amount produced this year was really down wouldn't they cut back NYC's riches so that other parts of the country could get more than a few cases? or maybe they like having BCBS as a year round shelf beer in NYC?

I guess western ny doesn't drink enough goose island products to warrant being blessed with BC from the might overlords.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

There's some info on FB about the Goose Island/WNY relationship. Allegedly your final sentence could be more accurate than you realize.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

ckoop wrote:TWO case limits! if the overall amount produced this year was really down wouldn't they cut back NYC's riches so that other parts of the country could get more than a few cases? or maybe they like having BCBS as a year round shelf beer in NYC?
Well some people think NYC is way cooler than Syracuse, Utica, Rome or Buffalo (I don't believe that Rudy!)

NYC has a very dense population, so If GI can sell out their inventory to that many people in a single general location, it looks like an easy fit for the retailers and the company.
In Beerum Veritas

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I know a guy that is a distributor for GI/Anheuser Busch. He said that overall there is more product available but demand is also up. More accounts are wanting allocations. So in the end distribution ends up being similar to previous years. Lineups in the states seem stupid long. Just to walk away with one bottle in some instances.