Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Redline Brewhouse - Barrie, ON

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Tap list for the Bar Hop feature:
Clutch
Double Clutch
Clutch w/ brett
Air Ride IPA
Series 1 (barrel-aged golden brett saison)
Land of oak and honey (Wheat w/ oak and honey)
Hot Wood (brown ale w/ oak in the boil)
Hoppy belgian pale ale (yet to be named).

Again, hopefully some of you can make it out.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Will be there!

Looking forward to trying Land of Oak and Honey and Hot Wood. :D
lister

hopdevil

Post by hopdevil »

I have just had their newest release, "Rainbow in the Dark". It's a Winter Rye IPA, with 61 IBU, 6.6%
Excellent beer, very tasty.

Available at the brewery, in cans and on tap.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Stopped in for diner and a flight tonight. They are doing everything right, in my mind. Improving every time I try them. The Rainbow in the Dark is the juiciest Rye IPA I've had since early, no longer the same, versions of Cameron's Rye PA (far jucier, actually). The Pistoles at Dawn Latte Stout and Tripartite Mushroom Porter collab with FM are two of the best non-BA dark beers I've had this year. These guys are kind of flying under the radar after Halo, Barncat and HHonE for newer breweries (Redline has a little age on them), but should be in the same convo.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

agree, redline is top in my books.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Drinking a Clutch right now. Probably my fav year round beer at the LCBO right now.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Hoppy's Tavern

Post by Hoppy's Tavern »

I've been there a few times, food and service is reasonably good.
The few times I've been they were more than happy to provide samples before trying the beer

gordonpeterwiebe

Post by gordonpeterwiebe »

hoo boy, these clutch's are good. I had my first try of it in the summer which was enjoyable but, in retrospect, may have been a little old... this new batch? absolutely delicious. a more than welcome addition to the increasingly tiresome and mediocre new Ontario offerings at the lcbo.
I can't wait to try something a little heavier by them.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

gordonpeterwiebe wrote:hoo boy, these clutch's are good. I had my first try of it in the summer which was enjoyable but, in retrospect, may have been a little old... this new batch? absolutely delicious. a more than welcome addition to the increasingly tiresome and mediocre new Ontario offerings at the lcbo.
I can't wait to try something a little heavier by them.
Sounds like Im due to try this beer again!

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Tried the Pistols at Dawn recently and thought it was well done. It's fairly sweet upfront but well balanced by the coffee notes. Nice rich mouthfeel as well.

Hoppy's Tavern

Post by Hoppy's Tavern »

Last night I had the Clutch, really enjoy it.

Appearance: Clean bright white 1 finger head, pale orange color reminds me a bit of orange/mango/pineapple fruit juice, very hazy, unfiltered beer.

Aroma: There is nothing better in a beer when it starts off with a really nice appealing aroma, Peach, lemon, orange maybe a little hint of grapefruit,

Taste: it has a moderate grapefruit dryness, a little bit of orange peel

Mouthfeel: It’s crisp easy to drink, no after taste, a bit of dryness right at the back

Overall: It’s good mild beer, easy to drink, it does leave a bit of dryness right at the back nothing overwhelming, it’s a perfect mild beer.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Stopped in on my ride north last weekend. Nice location right off the 400. Picked up a mixed case of:

Clutch
Double Clutch
Aggressive Jazz Hands
5:01
Going Going Back Back to Cali Cali
Check Engine

Double Clutch was really good, and everything else was good to pretty good.

Recommend stopping in on your way to cottage country.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Second time through:

Air Ride is awesome, as was Sprung.
Mechanic was good.
Peel Out was okay but a bit of a mess.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Have some Peel Out, and Air Ride coming to me tomorrow. As well as a few others. I actually haven't heard much about the Peel Out, but it looks really nice.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Blasphomet wrote:Have some Peel Out, and Air Ride coming to me tomorrow. As well as a few others. I actually haven't heard much about the Peel Out, but it looks really nice.
I thought so too about Peel Out, but it was lacking to my expectation. Pick up a Crowler of Sprung though.