Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Granite

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

The Granite

Post by JeffPorter »

Yep, the Granite...why? Because Gin Lane Ale is out at 9.8 % and only 25 IBUS. And it’s delicous and dangerous. Haven’t had it in a LONg time but I don’t remember it being this excellent. They’ve got lots and they’re selling it in 650ml bottles for 11 all in bucks at the brewery.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

JeffPorter wrote:Yep, the Granite...why? Because Gin Lane Ale is out at 9.8 % and only 25 IBUS. And it’s delicous and dangerous. Haven’t had it in a LONg time but I don’t remember it being this excellent. They’ve got lots and they’re selling it in 650ml bottles for 11 all in bucks at the brewery.

Thanks for this. It has been years for me too. I love The Granite but don’t go nearly often enough.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Coronaeus wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:Yep, the Granite...why? Because Gin Lane Ale is out at 9.8 % and only 25 IBUS. And it’s delicous and dangerous. Haven’t had it in a LONg time but I don’t remember it being this excellent. They’ve got lots and they’re selling it in 650ml bottles for 11 all in bucks at the brewery.

Thanks for this. It has been years for me too. I love The Granite but don’t go nearly often enough.
I think Mary Beth O Keefe is one of the best brewers in the city. And hugely underrated. She’s taken everything her Dad’s taught her and somehow improved on it. If you got to try her rye pale ale in the fall, that was proof enough. Even the standard lineup is stellar these days and she’s putting more in bottles and cans.

Worth the trip even if you have to navigate the insanity that is Eglinton.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I'm working against my best interests here because I don't want to cause a mad rush and a sell out, but in the interests of community...

Run, don't walk to the Granite to get your hands on the current "Women's Day" release, Valiant. Woke never tasted so good. ;-)
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Nice.
Thanks to their casks in a box, I've ordered home delivery from Granite more than any other brewery in Ontario.
Can't resist those in summer!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I order for the wings and butter chicken :D

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I see they have a couple of specialty stouts coming out tomorrow for St. Paddy's too. They remain an under-appreciated treasure, IMO. Had a great birthday party there recently for about a dozen of us. Excellent service; excellent beer.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Their nitro ESB is stellar, definitely an underrated brewery. They've had some really awesome homage beers over the past year, including riffs on Dave's Pale Ale and Dogfish Head 60 Minutes. This is a reminder that I need to get out there more often.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

They're also a great, affordable, venue for events. I got married there!