Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

dale cannon wrote:https://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer/B ... ng%20room.

Available at LCBO. Perhaps part of an as yet unannounced Halloween release?
Yes saw this at Georgetown LCBO, top notch stuff.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

GtownRandy wrote:
dale cannon wrote:https://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer/B ... ng%20room.

Available at LCBO. Perhaps part of an as yet unannounced Halloween release?
Yes saw this at Georgetown LCBO, top notch stuff.
Canned 7/28/21.

Haven't tried it yet.

Also picked up Cat Lady, Founders Porter and Flying Dog Gonzo Porter.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Lukie wrote:
portwood wrote:
:roll:
good riddance
hope this one sits on shelves for years

Are you joking? That thing will fly off the shelves!

Hoping it comes in a six-pack, cause my lovelies at the BO always forget that scanning a single bottle does not give them the price of an enire six-pack.....until they notice there's something funny with their inventory.
It was in a 6-pack holder at my local LCBO, although I only grabbed 4 I suspect some lucky folks will get away with a full 6 scanning for the single bottle price.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Chouffe Houblon Dobbelen IPA Tripel at the LCBO

Unibroue Winter Mixed Pack (Maudite, Blonde de Chambly, TP, Don de Dieu, LFdM, Fringante) and Blood Orange Blanche de Chambly at TBS
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

alsiem

Post by alsiem »

I heard on Jordan and Robin's podcast that Timothy Taylor Landlord is coming to the LCBO for the fall release. Anyone have a sense of timing? I think he said $3.95 and I'm going to assume this is for the 500 ml bottle (I don't think it is canned in the UK). For those that haven't tried it, "These aren't the droids you are looking for."

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Muskoka has brought out Winter Beard again this year, in a can this time.

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... VyyAjHMKUk

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

alsiem wrote:I heard on Jordan and Robin's podcast that Timothy Taylor Landlord is coming to the LCBO for the fall release. Anyone have a sense of timing? I think he said $3.95 and I'm going to assume this is for the 500 ml bottle (I don't think it is canned in the UK). For those that haven't tried it, "These aren't the droids you are looking for."

Good lord! My prayers have been answered. I haven’t had a pint of Landlord in about 7 years. The price is an absolute steal

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

alsiem wrote:I heard on Jordan and Robin's podcast that Timothy Taylor Landlord is coming to the LCBO for the fall release. Anyone have a sense of timing? I think he said $3.95 and I'm going to assume this is for the 500 ml bottle (I don't think it is canned in the UK). For those that haven't tried it, "These aren't the droids you are looking for."
any confirmation that this is actually happening?

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Picked up this year's Amsterdam Flight Pack as it contains Tempest. However it also contains their Kerstmis Bier doppelbock with retro graphics, from what I can find this is a resurrection of a discontinued beer from the early 2000s. Amsterdam is funny in that I can't find any mention of it on their website or social media, but it's in the pack.

Curious if anyone remembers that one, it's a bit before my craft beer drinking days.

Edit: Upon closer inspection now that I'm home, it seems they've revived the name and label but it's now a 10.5% Belgian-style dark ale brewed with curacao orange and spices. Either way, sounds interesting.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

seangm wrote:Picked up this year's Amsterdam Flight Pack as it contains Tempest. However it also contains their Kerstmis Bier doppelbock with retro graphics, from what I can find this is a resurrection of a discontinued beer from the early 2000s. Amsterdam is funny in that I can't find any mention of it on their website or social media, but it's in the pack.

Curious if anyone remembers that one, it's a bit before my craft beer drinking days.

Edit: Upon closer inspection now that I'm home, it seems they've revived the name and label but it's now a 10.5% Belgian-style dark ale brewed with curacao orange and spices. Either way, sounds interesting.
I was wondering what the 4th beer was in that pack and couldn't find anything, so thanks for that. I'll probably pick up a 24 of these, just to have 6 Tempests, plus I like Boneshaker and I'm sure the pilsner is fine. Don't know if I want 6x10.5% Belgian dark ales with orange and spices though! :o
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
seangm wrote:Picked up this year's Amsterdam Flight Pack as it contains Tempest. However it also contains their Kerstmis Bier doppelbock with retro graphics, from what I can find this is a resurrection of a discontinued beer from the early 2000s. Amsterdam is funny in that I can't find any mention of it on their website or social media, but it's in the pack.

I was wondering what the 4th beer was in that pack and couldn't find anything, so thanks for that. I'll probably pick up a 24 of these, just to have 6 Tempests, plus I like Boneshaker and I'm sure the pilsner is fine. Don't know if I want 6x10.5% Belgian dark ales with orange and spices though! :o

Seems like a pretty damn good deal…considering I think Tempest alone used to be around $5 a few years back when it was in bottles.

tyke66a

Post by tyke66a »

Wondering where the seasonal lists are these days??? Found I&G Vintage today 457333 at 19.95 per bottle. aged 6 years and potential to cellar. Looking for 2021 Fullers Vintage ale to arrive and hopefully Sam Smiths Winter Welcome comes back this year

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

tyke66a wrote:Wondering where the seasonal lists are these days??? Found I&G Vintage today 457333 at 19.95 per bottle. aged 6 years and potential to cellar. Looking for 2021 Fullers Vintage ale to arrive and hopefully Sam Smiths Winter Welcome comes back this year
Fullers vintage is in stores now. Had a bottle on Friday….definitely better than the last two years versions. I hope we see the Sam Smith warmer back, I always stocked up on it…such a great beer

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:

Amsterdam is so fleeting with Tempest, seems like they don't even have singles at the brewery this year- mix pack is the only way to get it. I haven't checked the date but I'm wondering if it's cans from last year's run. Not that I mind, the pack was definitely a good deal and Tempest does very well with some age.

The Pure Pilsner is pretty good, I'd had it before. Nice and crisp, well balanced. Not Godspeed quality or anything but solid overall. Can't comment on the Belgian Dark yet, saving that one for Christmas.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

tyke66a wrote:Wondering where the seasonal lists are these days??? Found I&G Vintage today 457333 at 19.95 per bottle. aged 6 years and potential to cellar. Looking for 2021 Fullers Vintage ale to arrive and hopefully Sam Smiths Winter Welcome comes back this year
Not sure, but I've been using https://lcbo.watch/new-releases. Lots of holiday stuff listed on Oct 7. It's not perfect though, I've noticed a few not on that website that are on shelf now:

-St. Bernardus 6-pack
-The Belgian pack with Gulden Draak
-O'Hara's pack, looks like the same mix as last year
-Erdinger pack with a glass

Lots of the packs listed on LCBO Watch are on shelves now too. Haven't seen any Samuel Smith's releases on shelf, but this one is listed on the LCBO: https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... YAB9p7MKUm. No Winter Welcome, but based on the picture it's a different mix from last year so I'm guessing this is an upcoming release.