Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Farside - Hamilton

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Farside - Hamilton

Post by Cass »

Another jaunt to Hamilton took me to Farside, based upon the recommendation of a couple of locals.

Farside is a retro styled bar right on James, north of the Brain and Merit and just a couple of blocks south of the West Harbour GO. Super convenient.

Funky space with lots of retro touches (VHS tape displays, etc.) and a good beer lineup that’s focused on having a regular lager, IPA, sour, dark, cider, and ‘other’ that rotates around from different breweries. On this visit their other was Anderson Gingerbread which was nice to see as I hadn’t had it yet this year.

QR code menu:
https://www.farsidebar.com/hamiltonmenu

A cool space on the James strip which is a worthy stop along with the other good beer focused places here.

Oh, and I like that the pours are 20oz!
21BE3388-540E-4F3D-A2A9-6126494EF2CB.jpeg