Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ontario Beer Delivery Index

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Coronaeus wrote:Has anyone received their Motley Cru order yet?

I ordered Saturday morning a few minutes after it went live. I got a message saying ‘it was on its way’ on Monday afternoon with an expected delivery of Tuesday. No updates since then and still showing expected delivery as Tuesday the 7th!

I’m in no rush and expect that things are taking longer to be delivered these days. Just wondering if anyone else has recieved their box. I’ll inquire Friday if I don’t get it today.

It looks like it is shipping from a warehouse in Etobicoke according to the Arrive app. I thought that was interesting.

Cheers.
I ordered yesterday, estimated delivery is today

EDIT: yup, showed up just after noon today. just over 24 hrs from order to delivery. I'm about 100km west of bellwoods too. not bad at all

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Coronaeus wrote:Has anyone received their Motley Cru order yet?

I ordered Saturday morning a few minutes after it went live. I got a message saying ‘it was on its way’ on Monday afternoon with an expected delivery of Tuesday. No updates since then and still showing expected delivery as Tuesday the 7th!

I’m in no rush and expect that things are taking longer to be delivered these days. Just wondering if anyone else has recieved their box. I’ll inquire Friday if I don’t get it today.

It looks like it is shipping from a warehouse in Etobicoke according to the Arrive app. I thought that was interesting.

Cheers.
Myself and others in Toronto received ours on the 7th. It should have at least left Etobickoke by now if they are using Canpar?

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Just got a call.

A skid was damaged by the shipper. I was one of the “lucky” ones. Re-packing now and sending off again. Great customer service with a phone call to apologize for the accident and delay.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Just got a call.

A skid was damaged by the shipper. I was one of the “lucky” ones. Re-packing now and sending off again. Great customer service with a phone call to apologize for the accident and delay.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Top marks to Amsterdam for today's delivery. Placed the order yesterday evening and it arrived soon after lunch right to my door in Vaughan. Enjoying a super-fresh Space Invader right now and got some double IPA ready for tonight.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

I've had orders delivered from Canpar and private brewery drivers and the speed and service is great.

Goose Island Toronto has a pretty good deal on, free same day Toronto delivery with only a $20 minimum (noon cutoff, I think). They have cheap cans, rotating 750 ml swingtop fills for $7, plus a barrel-aged Baltic porter for $12. It was a no brainer for me and 'll be sampling some of these later. A note to the kids: the Goose delivery driver is the only one who has checked my ID so far.

*Update, looks like they switched from 750ml swingtops to 500 ml capped bottles.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Guy with an idea: "Let's take on-line orders on Thursday night and deliver cold beer to the purchaser's house on Friday"

Naysayer: "It will never work"

Meanwhile.....

Thursday, 16:30: Order placed with GLB
Friday, 12:40: Ding-dong, here's your cold beer sir.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

I've made a number of on-line orders over the last several months. Love the courier or direct deliveries as they come to the door. With maybe one exception, the driver has never asked for ID. Most often the leave the box by the door, ring the bell, and are already back at the truck when I open the door.

I have previous had Canada Post deliveries to the house, but that seems to be a thing of the past. The last couple to come by CP I've had to pick up at Shopper's Drugmart.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

S. St. Jeb wrote:Guy with an idea: "Let's take on-line orders on Thursday night and deliver cold beer to the purchaser's house on Friday"

Naysayer: "It will never work"

Meanwhile.....

Thursday, 16:30: Order placed with GLB
Friday, 12:40: Ding-dong, here's your cold beer sir.
Toronto is on a whole other scale, but pretty much all the local breweries in Guelph, and I assume all other smaller towns, offer free same day delivery now. I've almost entirely stopped getting beer any other way.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Craig wrote: Toronto is on a whole other scale, but pretty much all the local breweries in Guelph, and I assume all other smaller towns, offer free same day delivery now. I've almost entirely stopped getting beer any other way.
I have only been inside the LCBO once since October, and that was only because they had Orval.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

So now seems like a pretty good time to give the OBDI a quick once over to make sure things are up-to-date as things are closing down once again.

Added a few breweries today that frankly I had never heard of: Curley, Paris, Good Prospects & Dog House. If anyone sees anything off please let me know.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Curley has been creating a local buzz in London, and recommended by a couple of industry people there on my recent visit to that fine city
...very nano in size.
Reliable Beer Critic

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

JerCraigs wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:25 pm https://www.stillfieldsbrewery.com/ is another new one.
some local citzens talking about them. Try anything? more tart than Sonnen?
Reliable Beer Critic

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

northyorksammy wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:37 pm
JerCraigs wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:25 pm https://www.stillfieldsbrewery.com/ is another new one.
some local citzens talking about them. Try anything? more tart than Sonnen?
I haven't tried yet. Need to clear some space in the fridge/cellar first but they are on my radar.