Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

And another interesting one, a new Trappist brewery, Mount Saint Bernard Abbey in Leicestershire England, has a 7.4% dubbel ale Tynt Meadow coming to LCBO.

http://www.mountsaintbernard.org/tynt-meadow-ale
tynt.jpg

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

GtownRandy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:34 pm Got a tweet from https://twitter.com/LCBOWatch for a British Chocolate Stout by Siren Craft, looks and sounds yummy
https://www.sirencraftbrew.com/stories- ... -cake-2021
CCC-Nitro-1.jpg

LCBO listing

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Nice! I think Tynt Meadow and Spencer are the only Trappist breweries I've yet to try, this one sounds like it will be particularly unique compared to your typical abbey styles.

A whole bunch of other interesting listings just showed up as well; Godspeed's Polotmavý Ležák 11° Amber, Cranberry Tangerine Jelly King, Citra Monogamy- I'm always happy to see more Bellwoods and Godspeed in the LCBO.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Just drank a Tynt Meadow tonight, bought at the Meadowvale Town Center store, very enjoyable,

tyke66a

Post by tyke66a »

Wish that we could get Samuel Smiths Winter Welcome back again since it has been two years since. Drive from Ottawa to spend 20 min in Niagara Falls NY to get three bottles and then flipping nonsense with Covid testing on return even though I am triple vaxxed. The bottles are actually last years brew 2020-2021 on the label which is OK because I was missing that in my collection and hope I can get this years later. Looking forward at least to the I&G Vanishing Point #5 when it gets out of Whitby

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Urotsukidoji wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:23 pm Just drank a Tynt Meadow tonight, bought at the Meadowvale Town Center store, very enjoyable,
I just noticed this beer and bought a few. Does it taste comparable to anything else you've had? I have yet to drink one.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Sipping Tynt Meadow right now. This is definitely English, with a bitter hop edge and some chocolate notes bordering on stout territory. Drinks like a dubbel but I can’t think of anything quite like it.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

I was startled yesterday to find Trappistes Rochefort Tripel in the LCBO yesterday. I missed the announcement on lcbo.watch but was happy to see it!
tripel.jpg
tripel.jpg (6.99 KiB) Viewed 9711 times

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Oh, thanks for that! I've never had the chance to try it, just ordered some.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Very nice! Looking forward to trying that one.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Cass wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:21 pm Very nice! Looking forward to trying that one.
It was just okay. Would not buy again

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

BakaGaijin wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:03 pm
Cass wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:21 pm Very nice! Looking forward to trying that one.
It was just okay. Would not buy again
I went the other way - grabbed a couple to start and then a few more after trying one and enjoying it. It's not quite Westmalle level, but I liked it more than La Trappe and Chimay Wit.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

And as discussed before, sometimes new releases slip through the cracks, so imagine my delight when I stumbled upon Ayinger Celebrator today. Had no idea it was returning but since it's one of my favourite doppelbocks, and all around beers, I'm happy to see it.

I will also add, strictly for informational purposes, that it's on shelves in 4-pack carriers and might have been scanned through as a single. For public record I do not endorse any dishonest activity. This is merely an FYI :wink:

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... fRDm-rMKUk

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Lol I have a bottle of Celebrator that’s been at the back of my fridge for years! I couldn’t find any date info but I would guess 4 or 5 years old. Saved it for a special occasion that has never came around. I will drink tomorrow and get more if it if I still like it, which I imagine I will.

This inspired me, I think we should have a thread: what’s in the back of your fridge 🤣

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

seangm wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:32 pmI will also add, strictly for informational purposes, that it's on shelves in 4-pack carriers and might have been scanned through as a single.
I picked one up today. They were on the shelf as singles. No special deal for me.