Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Uncorked-Wine and Spirits Appreciation

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Throwing this one out there to some of you folks who are probably more knowledgeable than me about tequila/mezcal.
I’m looking for a decent bottle to gift to someone who has just recently started drinking tequila. I’m looking for something that will be good value, and not break the bank. Any insight would be helpful.

portwood

Post by portwood »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Throwing this one out there to some of you folks who are probably more knowledgeable than me about tequila/mezcal.
I’m looking for a decent bottle to gift to someone who has just recently started drinking tequila. I’m looking for something that will be good value, and not break the bank. Any insight would be helpful.
https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... Zlq-dBOnWw
https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... ZlrctBOnWw
@markhamwhisky

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

The LCBO's rare bourbon/whisky offer is up now. It's always exciting to put in a theoretical $2k order, in hopes that you actually get like 10% of that.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thanks for the heads up. I put in for a bottle each of the Blanton's. Not sure what the chances realistically are?

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I normally put myself down for one or two of everything, and I find I get like one bottle every two years or so.

The Wellers are where it's at though, for my money.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Well, I woke up to an allocation notice that I got a bottle of the Blanton’s Gold! Will happily take that.

Craig, did you get anything you were after?

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Nope!

walz22

Post by walz22 »

I ended up with an allocation of the Weller 12 and 1792 Single Barrel - nice haul for a first time win!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I knew I shouldn't have told you guys!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Craig wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:23 pm I knew I shouldn't have told you guys!
Craig it was never my intention to swipe your stash! You are always welcome over for some bourbon whenever you'd like :D

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Given what I know about your beer cellar, I'll hold you to that!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The Blanton's Gold came pretty quick to the local LCBO! Can't wait to give it a try.
tempImagetY79gy.gif

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I ended up with another email from Vintages offering me the other variant of Blanton's, so I took that too. So 2/2 on this offer, I guess I got pretty lucky.

Having a wee taste of the Blanton's Special Reserve, which I see from their site is a lighter proof version (80) for international markets only. Pretty nice for a winter's night!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Another bourbon offer. https://www.lcbo.com/en/collections/spi ... ayout=card

I'm stocking up on the Weller at 40 bucks a bottle. Terrific bargain.