Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

ISO: Ontario Brewery Ticks

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

ISO: Ontario Brewery Ticks

Post by JerCraigs »

Aiming to try a beer from every Ontario brewery by the end of the year. Officially I set the cut off for breweries open prior to January 1, 2018 but I'm still trying the new ones too where I can. Anyone have any of these to trade or able to get some? IP Toronto preferred but wiling to do mail trades for some of the farther ones. Cheers!

Charlotteville
Compass Brewing
Concession Road Brewing
Horseshoe Valley Brewing Company
Mudtown Station
Niagara Brewing Company
Powerhouse Brewing
Red Circle Brewing
Short Finger brewing
Signal Brewing Company
Split Rail Brewing Company
Square Timber Brewing
Stonehooker
Stonepicker
Last edited by JerCraigs on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Updated list.

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

I should be able to help you out with Stonepicker. I live nearby and have been planning to go there in the near future. Unfortunately I can't do an IP trade so it'd have to be via mail.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

darmokandjalad wrote:I should be able to help you out with Stonepicker. I live nearby and have been planning to go there in the near future. Unfortunately I can't do an IP trade so it'd have to be via mail.
That works! thanks!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

So I am a masochist and I am once again trying to get a beer from every Ontario brewery. :D They keep opening new breweries and there are currently 47 that I have not tried (not counting contract breweries).

Anyone able to connect me with some of these, or point me to where I can find them? Cheers!

Last edited by JerCraigs on Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nickw

Post by nickw »

Fine Balance should be available at Volo's bottle shops, or 4th and 7 (and likely other places).

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Looks like Fenelon Falls is available at the Summerhill LCBO.

762 is near my family cottage and I've had some. They've got some work to do. I can pick you up one next time I'm there, but that won't be until springtime now.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Cass wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:42 am Looks like Fenelon Falls is available at the Summerhill LCBO.

762 is near my family cottage and I've had some. They've got some work to do. I can pick you up one next time I'm there, but that won't be until springtime now.
Thanks Cass! 762 would be helpful. It is a bit of a tough one in that it's just far enough from other things that it makes it inconvenient to be an easy side trip to other breweries on my list. (Roughly 90 minute return trip from the 401 for example.) Maybe a special trip there with stops for Maple Dale and Ivanhoe cheese? :)

Fenelon Falls is one I have been kicking myself over as I literally had it in my hands several times at the LCBO and didn't get it because I was usually walking and made other choices based on weight and backpack room :)

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Sparrow is getting closer to reopening, not sure how wide their distribution will be but they will at least be available

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

matt7215 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:24 pm Sparrow is getting closer to reopening, not sure how wide their distribution will be but they will at least be available
Cambridge is close enough I will probably end up making the drive up at some point. Had planned to stop in in September on the way to a camping trip but they weren't brewing at the time.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I managed to check several breweries off of my list only to add almost as many new breweries to it! :D

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I have checked off a ton of breweries but it seems like I have added almost as many new ones to the list! Down to 35. I have plans to visit a lot of the outstanding ones. The far north ones are going to be a challenge.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

stores up north carry a number of breweries to minimize the amount of km
Reliable Beer Critic

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

I'll most likely be stopping in to Whiskeyjack as I'm staying in that town for an evening, but that isn't till late August and even then the beer would be in Elmira(Waterloo) that you'd have to pick up.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:50 pm I'll most likely be stopping in to Whiskeyjack as I'm staying in that town for an evening, but that isn't till late August and even then the beer would be in Elmira(Waterloo) that you'd have to pick up.
Cheers! Ottawa is about as far North as I currently plan on getting this summer so I doubt I will be able to get it myself. Elmira is a lot closer lol :)