Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Couple new U.S. brews listed but no inventory yet.

25021 Deschutes King Crispy Pilsner 4 pk $12.90

25024 Cigar City Frost Proof Belgian Style White 4 pk $13.45

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

https://www.lcbo.com/en/bourgogne-des-f ... lond-25314

I had a couple of these yesterday. They're pretty nice.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Founders Mas Agave Clasica Grapefruit. I loved the lime version, haven't had the grapefruit. Will be picking some up tonight!

https://www.lcbo.com/en/mas-agave-clasi ... ries-25026

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I had a couple of those. They were fine, but didn't really do it for me. To each their own and all that.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Craig wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:33 pm I had a couple of those. They were fine, but didn't really do it for me. To each their own and all that.
yeah, not as good as the lime version. tequilla and lime just work better as a combo I think

Drinking one of the Bourgogne des flandres you linked up above right now. I thought it was just a belgian blonde, but it's blended with Timmermans lambic?!

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

distr0 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:01 pm Founders Mas Agave Clasica Grapefruit. I loved the lime version, haven't had the grapefruit. Will be picking some up tonight!

I honestly thought this was great, but it's definitely a novelty.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

shintriad wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:34 pm
distr0 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:01 pm Founders Mas Agave Clasica Grapefruit. I loved the lime version, haven't had the grapefruit. Will be picking some up tonight!

I honestly thought this was great, but it's definitely a novelty.
I loved this! Bought one, then went back and picked up all the store had

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Really liked the Mas Agave Grapefruit.

Must have missed the Mas Agave Lime version was that this year?

They emailed me that a Highball Drifter is being released in August hopefully comes here, part of the barrel aged series.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Ukie wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:56 pm Must have missed the Mas Agave Lime version was that this year?
Don't think it's ever been at the LCBO or anything if that's what you're asking. I got it at founders in Detroit, a couple weeks before covid lockdown started. At the time it was just called 'Mas Agave', there was only the one version.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

distr0 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:30 am
Ukie wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:56 pm Must have missed the Mas Agave Lime version was that this year?
Don't think it's ever been at the LCBO or anything if that's what you're asking. I got it at founders in Detroit, a couple weeks before covid lockdown started. At the time it was just called 'Mas Agave', there was only the one version.
Yep thanks that's what I was asking if it had been at the LCBO.

Thought maybe I was having a seniors moment.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Ukie wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:29 am
distr0 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:30 am
Yep thanks that's what I was asking if it had been at the LCBO.

Thought maybe I was having a seniors moment.
Yeah, I thought I had missed out as well! It also comes in a prickly pear version, which gets good reviews. Hopefully I'll get the chance to try one of them someday.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

It’s a very interesting ‘beer’. One where I couldn’t decide whether I loved or hated it from sip to sip.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

dale cannon wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:42 am It’s a very interesting ‘beer’. One where I couldn’t decide whether I loved or hated it from sip to sip.
Agreed, had one on the weekend. Hated the first sip, enjoyed the second and then went back and forth till I finally dumped the last little bit left in my glass. :lol:

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Quotashun wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:32 pm
dale cannon wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:42 am It’s a very interesting ‘beer’. One where I couldn’t decide whether I loved or hated it from sip to sip.
Agreed, had one on the weekend. Hated the first sip, enjoyed the second and then went back and forth till I finally dumped the last little bit left in my glass. :lol:
I really enjoyed the first half but found by the time I got to the second half it was a bit too much.

Since I ordered 1xsingle bottle from the LCBO and they sent me 1x4-pack, I've got 3 more to try. Was thinking I might mix one with a saison to see if it tames it a bit.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Guys, are there any beers currently in stock at the LCBO that resemble Brooklyner-Schneider Hopfen-Weisse? It's a perfect summer beer and I really miss this.