Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Lakes Brewpub (Queen's Quay / Jarvis)

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

GLB has managed to annoy me. A fellow beer lover and I today decided to check this place out. We travelled a considerable distance to check it out. Before setting out, I checked the website to see if it was open. It stated it was. When we got there, it was closed for a private event. No, not an emergency closure, a private event, which would indicate they knew they would be closed at least some time in advance This kind of thing just pisses me off. How hard is it to post event/closures on your website? It's a simple courtesy to your customers.

And don't give me some lazy ass reply that this was twatted or fleecebooked to the world. Don't make people join that crap just to give you their business.

GLB aren't the only place I have experienced this, so I am putting this out to the entire hospitality industry. Make a little effort to treat your patrons with some respect.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Tapsucker wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:49 pm GLB has managed to annoy me. A fellow beer lover and I today decided to check this place out. We travelled a considerable distance to check it out. Before setting out, I checked the website to see if it was open. It stated it was. When we got there, it was closed for a private event. No, not an emergency closure, a private event, which would indicate they knew they would be closed at least some time in advance This kind of thing just pisses me off. How hard is it to post event/closures on your website? It's a simple courtesy to your customers.

And don't give me some lazy ass reply that this was twatted or fleecebooked to the world. Don't make people join that crap just to give you their business.

GLB aren't the only place I have experienced this, so I am putting this out to the entire hospitality industry. Make a little effort to treat your patrons with some respect.
Dang, sorry to hear that. I've experienced that before...very frustrating.

I had to admit that "twatted" and "fleecebooked" made me laugh! Now I want to hear your pet names for other social media platforms...

S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Tapsucker wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:49 pm GLB has managed to annoy me. A fellow beer lover and I today decided to check this place out. We travelled a considerable distance to check it out. Before setting out, I checked the website to see if it was open. It stated it was. When we got there, it was closed for a private event. No, not an emergency closure, a private event, which would indicate they knew they would be closed at least some time in advance This kind of thing just pisses me off. How hard is it to post event/closures on your website? It's a simple courtesy to your customers.

I haven't experienced this, but I empathize and completely agree with your sentiments.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Funny enough it wasn't even on their twatted or fleecebooked, it was only on instagram.

I don't trust any website or even google nowadays, I just do the old fashioned thing: call.
I went out last night in Kitchener and called beforehand as website and google said different things. Glad I did.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge