Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

2022 Autumn Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ceecee

2022 Autumn Beer Release

Post by Ceecee »

16693 Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter 355
21734 Houblon Chouffe Belgian Ipa 330
22628 Great Divide Mexican Chocolate Yeti Imperial Stout 568
27007 Allsopps IPA 500
27058 Windswept Clavie Smoked Porter 330
27059 Lefthand Peanut Butter Milk Stout 1420
27061 Siren Craft Brew Broken Dream 330
27062 Zeven Zonden - Invidia 330
27063 Chimay 150 330
402578 Rodenbach Vintage 750
431643 Ayinger Ur-Weisse

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I'm curious about that Allsops. I hadn't heard much about them, I'm sure many of you know more than I do, but I gather they're an old defunct British brand that's being reborn. They're claiming to try to stick as close as possible to the original recipes.

I'm also interested in the Zeven Zonden and Chimay 150 is always a welcome sight.

It feels like it's been a while since we've seen a seasonal release list like this.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

It's nice to see a seasonal list again and I'm always happy to see anything from Ayinger. Seems pretty solid, I look forward to trying most if not all of those brews.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Glad to see the Gonzo back again.
I’d far prefer the OG Yeti to return than the chocolate one.
More Chimay is always a good thing
The Windswept beers are usually pretty solid stuff at a very reasonable price, so looking forward to that.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

sofakingdrunk wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:12 pm Glad to see the Gonzo back again.
I’d far prefer the OG Yeti to return than the chocolate one.
More Chimay is always a good thing
The Windswept beers are usually pretty solid stuff at a very reasonable price, so looking forward to that.
Same re Yeti. Regular is one of my favourite American imperials stouts, the chocolate one was a step down in my books. Less is more or what have you. I also wish we were getting 6-packs of the regular Left Hand Milk Stout, but alas, everyone loves adjuncts these days.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Found cans of regular, peanut butter and Mexican chocolate yeti at a bottle shop (in Fergus) recently, so ‘regular’ is available in Ontario if you would like to seek it out.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

dale cannon wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:12 pm Found cans of regular, peanut butter and Mexican chocolate yeti at a bottle shop (in Fergus) recently, so ‘regular’ is available in Ontario if you would like to seek it out.
Where in Fergus?
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

dale cannon wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:12 pm Found cans of regular, peanut butter and Mexican chocolate yeti at a bottle shop (in Fergus) recently, so ‘regular’ is available in Ontario if you would like to seek it out.
Ah, yea I've seen those floating around on the 'gram. Looks like Craft Brand Co. is representing them these days, they have a number of Great Divide products on their online shop.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:56 am
Where in Fergus?

I’d imagine he’s taking about “The Outpost”

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

sofakingdrunk wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:06 pm
MatttthewGeorge wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:56 am
Where in Fergus?

I’d imagine he’s taking about “The Outpost”
Correct.
And I lied, it wasn’t ‘regular’ yeti, it was ‘big yeti’ along w the peanut butter and Mexican chocolate ones.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Craig wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:52 am I'm curious about that Allsops. I hadn't heard much about them, I'm sure many of you know more than I do, but I gather they're an old defunct British brand that's being reborn. They're claiming to try to stick as close as possible to the original recipes.

I'm also interested in the Zeven Zonden and Chimay 150 is always a welcome sight.

It feels like it's been a while since we've seen a seasonal release list like this.
Really enjoying the Allsops.

I haven't seen any sign of the Zeven Zonden, and I think I missed the 150 at my local. Still some online, I might put in an order.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Craig wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:24 pm
Craig wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:52 am I'm curious about that Allsops. I hadn't heard much about them, I'm sure many of you know more than I do, but I gather they're an old defunct British brand that's being reborn. They're claiming to try to stick as close as possible to the original recipes.

I haven't seen any sign of the Zeven Zonden, and I think I missed the 150 at my local. Still some online, I might put in an order.

The Allsops is excellent.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

sofakingdrunk wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:32 pm
Craig wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:24 pm

The Allsops is excellent.
I agree. It has a unique biscuity quality. Tasty.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

I enjoyed the Allsops, I think it's the first beer where I've really experienced the "Burton snatch"; quite the term lol. It's very unique compared to other traditional English IPAs I've tried.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Logged in just to flag the Allsopp's. Good stuff. Glad you're enjoying it too. Great to see seasonal lists are back!