Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

6 new Pohjala beers have been listed on the LCBO website. None in stock for order yet.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Thanks for the heads up, I've like their beers in the past. Will check out at least half of these.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Same, solid brewery, especially their stouts and porters- luckily this release seems to be mostly that.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Ceecee wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:18 am 6 new Pohjala beers have been listed on the LCBO website. None in stock for order yet.
Thanks for the heads up, just put in my order :)

Lunardr0ne

Post by Lunardr0ne »

Thanks for the heads up! Justy made my order as well.

Only around 20 bottles left of the baltic porter and two of the imperial stouts.
40+ left of the other two imperial stouts and the gose.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

baltic Porter is gone....

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

A bunch of holiday packs appeared on the LCBO website today. Some under gift & sampler packs but more to be found if you search keywords (stout, porter...) and view them with "new arrivals" first. New Welly stout pack with 2 glasses and the Collective Arts Origin of Darkness collab with Bellwoods is on there too. The usual suspects as far as I can see for Belgium, though.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

There was a really good Belgian mix pack that came out last year (I think?) and hope that comes out again.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Cass wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:48 am There was a really good Belgian mix pack that came out last year (I think?) and hope that comes out again.
I think I recall that one, it had some Dupont variants, a lambic, and a couple other interesting ones I'd never tried before.

I'm also hoping to see some Samuel Smith's and O'Hara's back, I drank a lot of that nitro stout from the latter last year.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

seangm wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:49 am
Cass wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:48 am There was a really good Belgian mix pack that came out last year (I think?) and hope that comes out again.
I think I recall that one, it had some Dupont variants, a lambic, and a couple other interesting ones I'd never tried before.
That was it!

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Cass wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:02 am
seangm wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:49 am
That was it!
It was definitely a nice surprise. Going back through my notes I think it was actually two years ago, but the past few years have definitely blurred together lol

I think the others in there were from Het Anker, but I never took a picture of the box. I just have a bunch of check-ins for various Belgian beers around that time.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

OOOooOOOOohhh! Carolus Christmas! (Can't remember how to properly add URLs.)

https://www.lcbo.com/en/gouden-carolus-christmas-27997

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Awesome! Fingers crossed they bring back the Cuvee Van de Keizer as well - I really do miss that beer.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

walz22 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:04 pm Awesome! Fingers crossed they bring back the Cuvee Van de Keizer as well - I really do miss that beer.
Yes, it's great, but also a huge sugar bomb. It's lovely and all, but I have a hard time finishing the 750ml bottle, so it's got to be shared. Anyways, I dont think I've ever had a bad beer from Het Anker.....maybe some of the weaker ones in their christams mix pack, which were thankfully replaced in the last few years.

What I really want to know is whether the LCBO is planning to bring back any glassware this year. The last 5 or so years there's been very little of that. Would love a good Chimay or Rochefort glass.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Lukie wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:29 pm What I really want to know is whether the LCBO is planning to bring back any glassware this year. The last 5 or so years there's been very little of that. Would love a good Chimay or Rochefort glass.
This is listed on the website, maybe it’s coming this year?

https://www.lcbo.com/en/chimay-quadrilo ... pack-17080