Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Cass wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:43 pm
Lukie wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:29 pm What I really want to know is whether the LCBO is planning to bring back any glassware this year. The last 5 or so years there's been very little of that. Would love a good Chimay or Rochefort glass.
This is listed on the website, maybe it’s coming this year?

https://www.lcbo.com/en/chimay-quadrilo ... pack-17080
Would be great to see it back. Even though they are one of the sturdiest, all my Chimay glasses are broken and I badly need them. And decent glasses are so expensive online. I remember, they also had Maradsous gift packs with the chalice and probably a few others like Leffe. Would love to see Rochefort ones too.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Lots of new gift packs listed, looks like some have glasses. I'll definitely be getting that Chimay pack.

https://lcbo.watch/new-releases

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Was in Cambridge today on a Barncat run, so made a random stop at LCBO. Surprised to see Orval back, as I hadn’t seen any mention of it in the fall releases. Always good to stock up on a good number of them, hopefully it’s a decent sized rollout.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

sofakingdrunk wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:54 pm Was in Cambridge today on a Barncat run, so made a random stop at LCBO. Surprised to see Orval back, as I hadn’t seen any mention of it in the fall releases. Always good to stock up on a good number of them, hopefully it’s a decent sized rollout.
What's the bottled on date of the ones you found? Since it came back in 2021 I've seen Sep 25 2020 and Dec 21 2021, but haven't checked the bottles I've seen lately.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

The one I bought last week was the 21/12/2021.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Some of the gift packs are available online now:

https://www.lcbo.com/en/gifts/holiday/b ... ayout=card

Belgian beer, St-Feuillien, St. Bernardus and the Carolus Christmas most notably for me. Chimay and Erdinger have packs coming but not in stock yet, looks like the Chimay has a glass if that's your thing. I also noticed that Ace Hill have a mini keg, which is not a terribly interesting beer for me but I can't remember the last time I saw a small brewery sell in that format.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Craig wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:35 am Some of the gift packs are available online now:

Belgian beer, St-Feuillien, St. Bernardus and the Carolus Christmas most notably for me. Chimay and Erdinger have packs coming but not in stock yet, looks like the Chimay has a glass if that's your thing. I also noticed that Ace Hill have a mini keg, which is not a terribly interesting beer for me but I can't remember the last time I saw a small brewery sell in that format.
Interesting re: the chimay pack. I seem to remember it coming last time with 3 beers and the glass, this time it’s four. Unless I’m remembering wrong.
Sad(as I am every year) that there’s no Sam Smiths winter warmer

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Craig wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:35 am Some of the gift packs are available online now:

Definitely going to pick up that Bernadus pack!

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

The Chimay 150 is sensational. I’ll be stocking up big time.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I just saw that Great Lakes is bringing back the BBA Solstice to LCBO. I really enjoyed that one last time around.
Hopefully they bring back Beard of Zeus as well.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

sofakingdrunk wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:58 pm The Chimay 150 is sensational. I’ll be stocking up big time.
Agreed its mouthwatering.

I would also recommend the Collective Arts Origin Of Darkness. It has huge vanilla and bourbon notes and worth every single $.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

So it appears the regular Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout showed up in addition to the peanut butter variant. Was a pleasant surprise as I love this beer and wasn't all that interested in the peanut butter one.

https://www.lcbo.com/en/left-hand-brewi ... tout-28796

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Had a Spencer Trappist Quad tonight that I must have picked up at LCBO in 2018, was BB 09/21. Looked it up on RateBeer and found out that Spencer brewery closed this year. Was sad to hear I was hoping it would come back to lickbo.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/drink/cra ... gian-beer/
D20B26DF-7DC0-4796-851F-E3304A1B91E1.jpeg
Attachments
FF752701-38E2-4C40-9819-927A23DD45FC.jpeg

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Definitely disappointing news, especially since I never grabbed any of their stuff before they closed. Always meant to but kept passing it over.

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

Has anyone seen Collective Arts Saint of Circumstance lately? Neither my local TBS, LCBOs, or supermarkets have had it for what seems like half a year now. Even on the Collective Arts website it is one of the beers that doesn't have a "Shop Now" link for ordering suggesting it is no longer available even at the brewery.