Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Great Lakes Fernado's. New, or at least new to me.

Kind of old school. A bit more malt forward than I've become accustomed to, but I'd call it well balanced anyway. No real hop aroma, all malt. Not a bad thing, just more of a celebration of a style we don't get much of these days, or done well these days. I'll give it 8/10 for interest and 9/10 for execution.

Picked up the latest Thrust! on the same shop. Very nice. Got a big hit of grapefruit out of that can.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly

Post by S. St. Jeb »

According to Wellington Brewery, today is International Stout Day. Who knew? (I didn't).

But I'll participate. I will be having a Henderson Export Stout this evening.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

This years GLB Lake Effect is a real winner. Last years was a great return to form, but I think this year is even better. Somehow well balanced, but still lively flavour and aroma. Dare I say, it's probably their best beer.

Also tried a new GLB offering, Sultana Solero NEIPA. It looks to be a one off. It seems to have a softer/smoother profile than many current NEIPAs out there that are leaning a bit too acrid. I would definitely restock on this one too.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

alsiem

Post by alsiem »

Agreed drank one last weekend and it was fantastic. Will be buying more next weekend when they release the NEIPA versions of Canuck and Octopus wants to Fight. For variety and value, my favorite brewery. The styles they make are what I like to drink.