Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Goose Island Black Friday & Bourbon County Stout

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Provost Drunk wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:37 am In the past, I seem to recall there being a $50 limit when ordeirng to be shipping to store. So I pre-stashed a couple of other bottles in my cart to get over that limit. Went to check out and was told that the availability of one of my items had changed. I was sure I missed out, but turns out it was one of the Pohjala stouts that I added that was the problem and I was eventually able to get the order through! Insane how fast they went.
Yeah, I picked up a bottle of Gouden Carolus Christmas to get up to the $50.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

out of stock when I looked soon after 10 but lots available now, I just ordered 2.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Cass wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:18 am Yeah, I picked up a bottle of Gouden Carolus Christmas to get up to the $50.
huh? that hasn't been showing online stock for weeks. fuck I would have gotten that one.

edit: just checked, still showing GC Christmas out of stock.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:54 pm huh? that hasn't been showing online stock for weeks. fuck I would have gotten that one.

edit: just checked, still showing GC Christmas out of stock.
That's so weird. I already got a pickup notice for it, I guess it's just sitting in stock at my local 'BO.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

damn, I can't believe I missed this, whatthechrist!!!!

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Anyone received an email in regards to being able to pick up their BCBS order yet? Still waiting. First year ordering so I'm not sure what the typical turnaround time is.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Quotashun wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:10 pm Anyone received an email in regards to being able to pick up their BCBS order yet? Still waiting. First year ordering so I'm not sure what the typical turnaround time is.
No, not yet. I checked the last time I ordered BCBS online. In 2020 I ordered on Friday Nov. 27 and picked up my beer on Tuesday Dec. 1. I missed it last year, but they do seem to be slower this year. For reference, I am in downtown Toronto.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

jp_jkl wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:23 pm
Quotashun wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:10 pm Anyone received an email in regards to being able to pick up their BCBS order yet? Still waiting. First year ordering so I'm not sure what the typical turnaround time is.
No, not yet. I checked the last time I ordered BCBS online. In 2020 I ordered on Friday Nov. 27 and picked up my beer on Tuesday Dec. 1. I missed it last year, but they do seem to be slower this year. For reference, I am in downtown Toronto.
Thanks for the reply. I set the pick-up location for Keele/Lawrence (by my work).

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Nothing yet for me. Although I did get a pickup notice for the single bottle of beer that got me up to the $50 minimum :D

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Nothing here yet

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Just received the email this morning that they're ready for pick-up; assuming you guys will see the same shortly if not already.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Just got my email as well. No Cocobanger though :(
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:43 pm Just got my email as well. No Cocobanger though :(
Same here I was looking forward to that.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

just got my order ready email

there's also 76 bottles back in stock! https://www.lcbo.com/en/goose-island-bo ... out-549691

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Just got my pickup email!

Interesting about the bottles being back in stock, I guess they are cancelled orders?