Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Chicago

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I did another "A Quick Beer" episode about Chicago proper, if anyone would like to give it a watch!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Well, I knew it would happen that somewhere I visited in one of these videos would close. It seems that Rock Bottom closed the doors this week. Can't say I'm surprised, it's a bit of a relic from a previous beer era, but still an OK place in downtown Chicago where there isn't much in the way of good beer.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Good video, thanks for posting it up! I was frantically taking notes...

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

shintriad wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:06 pm I was frantically taking notes...
Yeah, I think I crammed too much in this video. I think it's better for future ones to have a bit fewer places and a bit more detail, so they aren't as rushed.

Thanks for watching!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

A post was accidentally deleted, so for posterity here's my Map Room video just so it's back in the thread if anyone is looking for info!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Chicago came up on the beer social media radar recently with the opening of an Other Half location there, where 16oz glasses were $16! The funny thing as someone pointed out on Twitter was that the 16oz prices were more than a 4oz and a 12oz glass combined. Not sure if they just royally f'd up or simply thought they could get away with it.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/drink/cra ... s-closures

Quite a bit of social freakout and they dropped their prices to $9.

Here's the original menu for posterity. Wow!
0036ed69-3cfc-4a49-b0a7-6d4dc3a80b75_850x2200.png