Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Trinity Common - Kensington Market

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Trinity Common - Kensington Market

Post by Cass »

Had some drinks last night at a new spot on Augusta just south of College, Trinity Common.

Very nice space - much larger than the traditional downtown Toronto commercial property. There's a patio out front, a good sized bar inside, and plenty of tables. Large space but the room still feels cozy. Looks like there's a small music stage in the back as well, and an open kitchen also in the back.

Great beer lineup - 20 taps including some goodies such as Thrust, Long Dong, La Formidable, TDD Tracteur, Amsterdam Radler, Nickel Brook Bolshevik, Stone IPA, West Ave. and more. Competitive pricing ranging from $6.50-$8.25, and most beers in 16/20 oz glasses. Food menu included some BBQ (ribs, brisket), smoked wings, chicken tacos and more. Very tasty malt vinegar mayo accompanying the fries.

Another worthwhile spot in the Kensington Market area, and the size of the place is a real plus for accommodating groups.

https://www.facebook.com/TrinityCommonBar

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I was there yesterday afternoon before putting in some quality time at Thirsty & Miserable. Agreed on Cass' thoughts. The only things I'll add is if you can't get a patio seat there is plenty of sunlight entering the place as the evening progresses. The front is wide open. The cocktail I had was good, The Last Word. I had the brisket and while it's not the worst, it's also not the best. The brisket is served without any sauce which is rather ballsy if the meat is dry which it was. While I'm well beyond the drown-everything-in-sauce phase of BBQ eating, I like having a dipping option. The rest of the menu doesn't appeal to me. So if I go again it'll be for drinks only.
lister

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Sounds like an excuse to do a little bar hoping in the area....still haven't ever popped into T&M either!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Was wandering around downtown today and stopped into Trinity Common for the first time in a long time and it still seems to be going strong. Good business on a Saturday afternoon with the bar full and lots of folks at the tables.

30+ tap list, with all kinds of stuff - very wide range of styles. And some beers still in 20oz glasses! A rarity nowadays in Toronto.

Worth a stop if you’re in the ‘hood!
13B9ECCB-1815-44CE-8E38-AE7FFB91871F.jpeg
9F44780A-E459-457C-A15D-FC39EE8958F9.jpeg