Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

All 4 cans were April 18 to 20th
what is the canning date?

distr0

Post by distr0 »

the Karma pack beers seemed overly bitter to me. the regular Citra wasn't bad but the other 3 I really didn't love.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

so peaking May 15-18
Reliable Beer Critic

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

northyorksammy wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:13 pm so peaking May 15-18
I enjoyed a pack over the weekend. Fresh, bitter…IPA.

Grab em
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Distribution of this the Karma pack was a little disappointing, didn't show up in any of the LCBOs I regularly visit and doesn't seem to be available for online ordering. Timothy Taylor Landlord seems to be disappearing quickly too, I swear I'd seen some available at my local but alas it was gone by Saturday. Which one of you cleared out the Courtice LCBO? lol

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

seangm wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:44 am Distribution of this the Karma pack was a little disappointing, didn't show up in any of the LCBOs I regularly visit and doesn't seem to be available for online ordering. Timothy Taylor Landlord seems to be disappearing quickly too, I swear I'd seen some available at my local but alas it was gone by Saturday. Which one of you cleared out the Courtice LCBO? lol
I found that, too. Seems to be mostly at tier-1 stores, with much less tier-2s.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

anthony9 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:58 am
seangm wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:44 am Distribution of this the Karma pack was a little disappointing, didn't show up in any of the LCBOs I regularly visit and doesn't seem to be available for online ordering. Timothy Taylor Landlord seems to be disappearing quickly too, I swear I'd seen some available at my local but alas it was gone by Saturday. Which one of you cleared out the Courtice LCBO? lol
Guess all the ones I shop at are merely tier 2 :(

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

seangm wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:49 pm
Me, too. There is a tier-1 not too far away, but the closest to me are all tier-3s and tier-2s.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

anthony9 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:23 pm

Me, too. There is a tier-1 not too far away, but the closest to me are all tier-3s and tier-2s.
so you are asking the LCBO to shed a tier for you
Reliable Beer Critic

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

northyorksammy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:44 am

You okay bro?

Even with limited reading comprehension where would it have suggested that?

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

anthony9 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:52 am
northyorksammy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:44 am

You okay bro?

Even with limited reading comprehension where would it have suggested that?
That's a pun, son.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

If my eyes didn’t deceive me, I think I just saw the Vim&Vigor is coming to the LCBO. Happy days.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Found on LCBO.watch. Not sure if this has been in Ontario before, couldn't find it on the forum.

https://www.lcbo.com/en/makku-makgeolli-original-29633

Makku is a modern take on Korea's oldest brew, Makgeolli. This unfiltered rice beer is smooth, hazy and bubbly with a hint of sweetness and tartness. Makku Original is all-natural, vegan and gluten-free. Gently shake before opening and enjoy chilled. Pairs well with savoury Korean pancakes.

https://www.lcbo.com/en/makku-makgeolli-blueberry-28749

An unfiltered and naturally gluten-free rice beer, Makku is a modern take on Korea's oldest brew Makgeolli. All natural and vegan, Makku Blueberry is infused with 100% pureed blueberry. Makku contains rice sediment that enhances the flavour. Enjoy chilled and gently shaken. Pair with Korean fried chicken..

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

They've gone and gentrified makgeolli! lol

I'd actually like to try this, I have fond memories of drinking makgeolli in the countryside of SK. You could buy it from little carts on the side of hiking trails and whatnot.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

seangm wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:01 am I'd actually like to try this, I have fond memories of drinking makgeolli in the countryside of SK. You could buy it from little carts on the side of hiking trails and whatnot.
Yeah, me too. I visited once many years ago for a friend's wedding and remember having that.