Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Godspeed Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Just a quick post to say how much I like the fun things that Godspeed does at the brewery.

One of the most memorable beer experiences I've had in life was visiting Koln/Cologne and the unique beer tradition they have for Kolsch, with the server uniforms and the "we'll keep serving until you tell us not to" policy. Great to see Godspeed to a similar kind of thing this week - I wish I could have made it over there. Well done Godspeed!
Tomorrow our humble brewpub will be transformed into a braühaus from Köln - at least for a few days - for ALT VS. KÖLSCH!

From 12pm-late Thursday and Friday, we'll be showcasing our Oberkassel Altbier and Gokurosama Kölsch-Style Ale in 20cl stange glassware. As is tradition, after picking your choice of beer our servers will continue to replace empty glasses with full ones until you've had your fill, which you can signal by topping your glass with your coaster. As a special surprise, we'll be filling a small wooden stichfaß with Ibushi Godspeed-Style Helles for your enjoyment.

At the end of your session, we encourage you to vote for your favourite: Alt or Kölsch?

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

If there was one brewery I wished I lived close to in this province, Godspeed it is.
Sure I can (and do) order online, but it's stuff that like that makes me jealous of those that live close by.
I would love to partake in this event. Kudos, yet again!!
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Would have loved to attend the ALT vs Kolsch but was in Ireland. I do hope this event gets repeated.
lister